NBZ's WSOP 2021 Vegas Trip 10/9-19

Harrington on Holdem Tournament books, while outdated I assume, aren’t as outdated as that Sklansky Tournament book and the Harrington books cover any decent points Sklansky made in that book plus tons of hand examples. Kill Phil and Kill Everyone are decent just for the knowledge and differing thought processes imo.

I hate limit holdem but the CardSharpCook or whatever Limit tourney guide from 2p2 made me a bunch of money in limit tournaments. Never played any HORSE games or games other than limit or NL really though.

1 Like

Seems like a big bankroll to be snuggling cereal in your suitcase.

5 Likes

This might be outdated too but does a good job on a quick synopsis of games. Maybe outdated idk

ETA: I know the NL and PL holdem in this book is not very deep and I wouldn’t expect to be able to win any money really just reading this book’s section but combining your other knowledge and their thoughts helped me with mixed games when reviewing it before playing those games.

1 Like

First beat of the trip. I brought some crosswords to do on the plane, but forgot to bring a pen. I now have a three-dollar pen.

4 Likes

I own that book and like it. I find it an occasional reread.

1 Like

TPFAP was probably decent in 2004 but I seriously can’t imagine that it has anything for a pro in 2021.

There probably aren’t huge advances in fixed limit strategy like there are in big bet games.

I have arrived.

8 Likes

With plenty of time to kill, I have decided I can afford to stand in line at the Palace Station Oyster Bar. There are about 20 people in line and 18 seats.

2 Likes

Gave up after it became clear several people were holding spots for a larger party and I was more like 30th.

Now playing 8/16 O8 at the Orleans.

2 Likes

Don’t raise or you will be killed by dirty looks. :joy:

This game has stuff like five way capped flops.

2 Likes

Oh really. Sweet. I havnt played it in a few years but remember everyone being super nitty and pissed if you raised and they had to call an extra bet with their A2xx.

Glad it’s gotten better. Five way capped sounds very profitable!

Take ‘em down!

1 Like

A game that loose will have so many A4xx and 23xx fish it should be pretty awesome!

I’m jealous. Wish I was there.

It’s widely variable. You just need a couple of guys on tilt and the game goes nuts. I’ve never seen this game be nitty. Extremely passive, perhaps, but not nitty. I’ve been in games where three to the flop is normal.

1 Like

Guy just showed up with KKK5 in a hand that was capped preflop after he put in the third bet.

8 Likes

Come to Caesar’s, I’m like barely unstuck, but the game is lit

4 Likes

Too busy trying to figure out my next meal.

Yum yum.

A guy in my PLO game took down a huge pot last week in 3 bet pot where he put in $120 of his $600 stack with 666J preflop and flopped a 6, :grin: