NBZ's WSOP 2021 Vegas Trip 10/9-19

If I were Alan Kessler, those rooms would be free.

2 Likes

So, right now, I am contemplating renting a car for the first two days of my trip. It’s cheaper than paying for a Saturday night hotel room, which I might not get into until 2am. I can keep my luggage in the car while waiting for an early check-in, take a nap while waiting if necessary, do a grocery run, and eat at an off-strip restaurant or two, pending how I am running in tournaments.

I am contemplating a regular car rental agency vs Turo.

Have you considered homelessness for the weekend?

2 Likes

I was considering just playing straight through until early check-in.

Note to self, buy salad stuff, sandwich stuff, fruit, and beverages for the room.

1 Like

I probably won’t crack open any books, but this is my study material if i have time to waste in my room.

1 Like

Leaving for the airport in a few hours. This is the traditional way for how you’re supposed to do a trip report, right?

10 Likes

I’m not the sort to tell someone else how to live their life, but you should know this:

Advanced tournament poker by SKLANSKY!

Lololololololol good one

3 Likes

Have you read it? It’s still relevant to the tournaments I am going to play.

Has to be -ev to read that book.

3 Likes

I wouldnt be here today if it wasnt for that book, so it gets some points from me.

Not here here like on the planet, but here at UP

That’s gotta be one of the worst 2p2 books.

Beat: I own it.

2 Likes

The worst 2+2 book is Real Poker Psychology by Mason Malmuth.

3 Likes

What are your top three books to read to prepare for a HORSE tournament?

Yeah I don’t even remember ever hearing about that one so probably lol.

I would bet there are a billion better online resources better than any book out there about HORSE.

1 Like

Well, techniically, A History of the World from a Gambler’s Perspective Is worse.

1 Like

I prefer the written word. I don’t watch videos about poker. I don’t know if there is a good online coaching site that caters well to my specific desire to play live only and not very much no limit hold em. I might play a tournament every day and no NL while I am out there.

I think I need to add Sklansky on Poker so I can re-read Sklansky on Razz and Ray Zee’s high-low split book

1 Like