National Basketball Association - 2023/24 Season

I just signed up on the NBA app.
Exciting game! Thought Philly were toast early on. My kid’s been lucky w the 76’er trips - we saw them make a big comeback v the Grizzlies a yr or so ago.

Nailed it. I think most basketball-knowers like the Bucks postseason chances more under Doc, even though their record under Doc is now under .500.

(I thought Middleton looked awesome the couple recent times I’ve seen him).

Bucks are sleep-walking their way to the playoffs. Just lost consecutive games to Washington and Memphis. Without Dame in both, without Middleton in one (and I think without Brook Lopez in one?), but still, if you have Giannis and at least a couple decent players, you shouldn’t lose those games.

My hope is that everyone is present and healthy for the playoffs because the Dame-Giannis-Middleton-Lopez lineup is torching everyone. Play them together a lot and get contributions from 3-4 other guys and they can win.

First round of the East playoffs will be really interesting, since the bottom teams could definitely challenge the top teams. Miami, Indy, Philly are the 6-8 seeds are are separated by two losses top to bottom.

The Cavs, meanwhile, are imploding. DM is injured. The team is fractured. Looking more and more like a first round exit again.

1 Like

Yeah, they’ve probably done enough to stay out of the play-in, but there’s a very good chance they’ll lose home court in the first round, and even if they don’t, there aren’t any good matchups for them.

Mavs 12-2 in last 14 but still looking at anywhere from 4th-10th seed. 5-7 most likely where they end up but every day I scoreboard watch.

Denver let me down last night losing to clippers 102-100. Would have put the mavs that much closer to 4 seed after beating Atlanta.

The most impressive improvement on the mavs have been defensively. They are like 4th in def rating since the trade deadline. They showed up defensively last night when their offense was floundering. The December mavs could not do that.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/kirkgoldsberry/status/1776240757172572213

Wolves doing non Wolves things by overcoming adversity and not letting us down. Got tickets to game 1, whenever that is, yesterday.

1 Like

Team is real tough. Thought about making the long drive down myself, maybe rd2.

Trade KAT. Naz is too good

1 Like

If Lebron is part of the package and you’re one 40-year-old Lebron away from getting over the hump and becoming a title contender next year, how do you not snap draft him?

https://x.com/wojespn/status/1776263398042267996

Now that is a man with a lot of confidence and options

https://twitter.com/GrantAfseth/status/1776498242424844331

But the mavs got a D- for their trade deadline acquisitions of Gafford and Washington., from espn.

What team can just add 50m in salary? Because Lebron isnt taking any discounts.

Nike’s right here and the Blazers are chunks of LOL swirling in a toilet right now, I say go for it

I don’t know Lebron has talked about playing with his son for years as a goal. He might give some discount, but he is not taking the MLE or something.

1 Like

The Sixers only have Embiid and Paul Reed on the books for next season and have a relatively small cap hold for Maxey, so they can have cap space of close to $60 million. Embiid, Lebron, Maxey, Reed, more players signed with whatever cap space is left, a room exception guy, draft picks, and minimum guys?

good times today

2 Likes

Holy sheet. I was scoreboard watching that game for a while but assumed it was over.

Meanwhile mavs were only team to not play ot this year today but came back from 22 down early to win in ot over rockets. Was a really good game and kyrie went crazy in 4th.

I was really booking that clippers loss.

The East is disappointing me so much this year. Only 5 eastern teams have winning records since asb. Which is making life for wc fans much more difficult.

I only follow NCAA basketball for a few weeks a year. Is Bronny any good? Would he even be drafted if not for dad?