National Basketball Association - 2023/24 Season

Lot of think pieces and podcasts centered around how to bring down scoring in the NBA.

There’s a simple solution. Call Bam Adebayo for illegal screens. The Heat will then average 45 points a game, dropping the leaguewide scoring average 2 points per game.

How long can he go?

https://x.com/knicksmuse/status/1754523439770059035?s=46&t=9mlgsGiCG4XHUHROXPQniQ

2 Likes

Somehow the Cleveland Cavs are now the #2 team in the East. Just an insane, and improbable, turnaround.

https://x.com/ClutchPoints/status/1754719719242760407?s=20

1 Like

They might keep it.

The Bucks had a very easy schedule to start the year, it’s going to get tougher. They could be in a kind of odd situation where they play better under Doc, but the record is worse because of the schedule.

Or Doc could make all the difference! ¯_(ツ)_/¯

xavier tillman to the celtics for 2 2nd rounders. havnt watched the grizzlies much but his advanced def stats are really good

1 Like

Draymond Jr. he grew every year in college plus the few times I’ve seen him with the grizzlies, he does good things.

Great complementary piece for a team like the Cs.

1 Like

This trade deadline feels like it’s going to be underwhelming.

Some boring trades -

Buddy Hield to the Sixers for some 2nd rounders and corpses.

Gordon Hayward to OKC for Bertans and Tre Mann

Olynyk and Agbaji to Toronto for a late 1st round pick.

Eta -

Gafford to Dallas for Holmes and “draft compensation”. I like Gafford. I wonder if he’ll start or they plan to stick with Lively.

Burks and Bojan to Knicks for Fournier, Grimes and 2nd rounders. Weird to live an era where the Knicks front office is actually competent

Happy for Hayward.

Even aside from snapping his leg 5 minutes into his Boston career, I think they win the bubble championship if he hadn’t got hurt. He was playing so, so well in the bubble.

Really has a chance with OKC.

Edit - championship probably a bit much, but they get past the Heat.

Surprised Agbaji and Olynyk only netted a super duper late first, but obviously that’s where the league valued them.

Some people are surprised they went for that much and don’t understand why Toronto gave up a first.

1 Like

The team that intrigues me is Detroit because they have to make additional moves to clear roster spots.

I don’t understand why Toronto gave up a first, but Kelly’s been absurdly good this year. I thought some contender would give up something real for him.

Its not that the price is high, its that toronto shouldnt be the buyer

I see it more as a trade for Agbaji than Olynyk.

I guess. wasn’t impressed with Agbaji. Seems to have taken a step back this year and he’s 24 years old already.

Looking at Agbaji’s stats in college he was a reach at 14 and should have gone no earlier than very late first round. He’s been underwhelming in the NBA so I don’t see how he’s worth a first. Trade doesn’t make sense to me as a Raps fan.

edit: he’s 24 in two months.

Mark Stein w the crazy sentence about momentum building towards inaction.

1 Like

Bucks get Pat Bev from Philly for Cam Payne and a 2027 second rounder.

Obligatory:

1 Like

I never watch NBA countdown - does Richard Jefferson always do wardrobe changes during the show? I’ve only kept half an eye on it, and he’s definitely in at least his 3rd different jacket.