National Basketball Association - 2022/23 Season (Part 1)

I have to admit I was somewhat surprised to see Adams is only 27

I thought I posted it here also, but the first thing I thought with the Horford trade was that Adams would get moved.

Fully showcase Horford and then hopefully move him next year: the Paul plan. Trade deadline would be fine, but probably not feasible at his number to envision the scenario.

As expected:

https://twitter.com/RealGM/status/1330017222606151681

Hayward to Charlotte 4/120

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1330218022502617096?s=21

Ainge got greedy. Turner/McBuckets would have been a solid deal for them. Instead they lose Hayward for nothing.

Iā€™m thinking of getting NBA League Pass for the first time and Iā€™m wondering if anyone has experience with local blackouts. I live northeast of Sacramento in Nevada County, CA. I assume I would be blacked out from Kings games, which is ok. Would I also be blacked out from Warriors games? Lakers and Clippers? I couldnā€™t find any concrete information on the League Pass website.

Not sure how Ainge could have gotten anything for Hayward unless Indiana was willing to overpay for him as well. If Indy was willing to match Charlotte and trade Turner, then definitely lol Ainge, but seems more likely Hayward decided to take the money and Indy wasnā€™t willing to match.

Iā€™m sure I donā€™t follow NBA as close as most here, but how sure are we that Hayward isnā€™t just washed?

Hayward contact looks LOL bad

Yeah the chatter I was seeing, not here, but elsewhere was that Heyward would get 4/80 or 4/90.

But this still might be the best free agent signing Charlotte has made in recent memory.

Do they have the cap space? I thought for that amount it has to be a s&t. Maybe we can get SCARY TERRY back. Ohh boy!

Edit: Guess not. Well on the plus side my fave team doesnā€™t have any deplorables now???

Heā€™s a shell of his former self. The player he was his last season in Utah and the player he is now arenā€™t comparable. He was a pretty athletic, two way star. Now heā€™s a 3rd/4th option without the burst. Some guys recover from traumatic injuries like that and thrive (PG in his MVP level season in OKC). Some guys donā€™t.

Lolllllll

https://twitter.com/hayesdavenport/status/1330239564296957954?s=21

3 Likes

He averaged 17.5 points, 6.7 rebounds, and 4.1 assists per game as a fourth option with 21.1% usage. On a team where he has a bigger role and usage over 25%, heā€™s probably a 20ppg guy and a borderline All-Star, but a team where he is the best player is not going to be a contender.

I expect Charlotte to have a stupid follow-up like trading for Westbrook.

Man these are rough times when a good ol fashioned racist cant make friends in Boston

3 Likes

Hayward might still be productive but I would not want to be the team paying him.

Following up on the Ainge appreciation talk, I think Myles was a great fit for the Celtics and i donā€™t get why he didnā€™t pull it off

I donā€™t understand why the Pacers are open to trading Turner. Young big that can protect the rim and hit 3s. Why trade him?

They like Sabonis more and they are not a good fit to be on the floor together.