National Basketball Association - 2022/23 Season (Part 1)

Don’t think Utah wanted much for players so they can be in for Wenbamyama

Sexton is perfect for utah. He will put 28 ppg they will win 25 games and the knicks will pay for him

1 Like

I’m going to be sick.

Lol Cavs. Way to blow up your young core and future draft equity for a fringe all-star who’s a questionable fit.

Way, way, way too much to give up.

2 Likes

I think they overpaid but their young core is garland allen and mobley, they did not blow it up

I hear you, but Lauri and Colin were part of that core.

Mainly I hate the fit. Much of what made the Cavs tick when healthy minus Colin was overpowering teams with their length, and Lauri and the 3 was a big part of that.

Now we have a midget backcourt that is a powerhouse offensively but weak defensively. And I really hate taking the ball out of Garland’s hands, but now he’ll have to share with Mitchell.

I was intrigued with Ochai’s potential fit next to Garland, but now that’s gone.

And worst of all, we have a gaping hole at the 3. Okoro will not be the answer there.

Just think that this will trade has ruined the chemistry that the team had.

I’ll be happy to be proven wrong though.

1 Like

I agree with most of this. Just that lauri and sexton are totally expandable. A core is exactly what the other 3 are.

I admit i have no idea who the rookie is

lol trading with danny ainge

they didn’t have to trade any of the core group at least, sexton wasn’t really a fit, lauri is definitely expendable

Utah now has 5 or 6 first round minnesota and cleveland unprotected picks which uh, at least two of those is gonna be good cause it’s those franchises.

Cleveland appears to be counting on garland/mitchell/levert on offense okoro/mobley/allen on defense and just hoping playing 3 v 5 ends work combined with a solid bench of vets

that doesn’t sound good saying it out loud

The picks are in 25, 27, and 29, and the swaps are in 26 and 28. It seems like too many picks to me, but I’ve thought that about all the superstar trades in the last few years.

With Lauri it was more about his length and fit. Other teams had no answer for the Cavs overwhelming length last year when they were healthy. That’s gone now.

Also think Lauri’s not done developing, but sure, he was easily replaceable long term.

And in the end, Colin got the contract he wasn’t ever going to get in Cleveland coming off the injury and the Cavs showing they could play just as well without him.

Just don’t love Garland and Mitchell in the same backcourt any more than I did Garland and Sexton. We need shooting, length, and defensive presence, not another undersized ball-dominant guard next to Garland.

And SF remains a huge question mark.

Basically, we could have given up far less a few months ago to get Dejaunte Murray, who would have been a way better fit.

What the heck?

Murray cant really shoot so him playing off the ball is a problem

Cleveland is absolutely screwed:

https://twitter.com/MagicJohnson/status/1565434252501495808?s=20&t=U3i_6cGNSb_8bAT3FD_tIQ

7 Likes

Who do you think is better between cle and min?

Yup.

There was some clown who used to post here last year saying Ainge wasn’t a great GM. The guy actually preferred Presti.

Then Ainge out-Prestis Presti.

Picks highly unlikely to be in the lottery which makes them of only nominal value.

I don’t know what Utah is going to do with 20 15th-20th 1st round picks tbh.

This isn’t like the nets and Boston where you traded a bunch of old guys to an ancient team. Both Cleveland and Minnesota have young cores and the trades made them better regular season teams, thus worse draft picks.

Utah essentially has to bank on injury or implosion for this to work out, sure they will suck for the next five years so they have their own picks, but I am skeptical of the true value of the picks collected.

They were the number one seed two years ago. They clearly were exposed in the playoffs, however even if things go very right with Utah they may not even be as good as the team they had two years ago, when all is said and done.

To me it smacks more of pushing a fan base off the owners back. Right now Ainge has created a 5-8 year time table for Utah. As a fan, I think that sucks.

Wem is going to OKC so they can run it back with another super team and still not make the NBA Finals.

Frick off with this nonsense.

Also, completely disagree that Cleveland’s and Minny’s picks will be “good picks.”

I think you guys overestimate your ability to see into the future. There were folks mocking the Celtics trade with the Nets because they thought the Nets would stay competitive. Big market, all the free agents will want to play in Brooklyn! Even noted Celtics homer Bill Simmons figured they wouldn’t be lottery picks. That trade was divisive because of that.

Maybe CLE and MIN will stay good. Maybe not. It’s pretty easy to see a scenario where it doesn’t work for them - it’s just Anthony Edwards or Mobley wanting to take their talents elsewhere, or missing a year.

And this Gallo injury sucks.

Randomly turned on this LVA/SEA WNBA game and it’s incredible, heading to OT