National Basketball Association - 2022/23 Season (Part 1)

Giannis has 2x MVP and a final MVP plus a ring
While Luka has been the preseason fav for mvp last 2 years his team hasn’t been good enough to be in contention. Needs to get a better team to get in the discussion

He’s not in the actual discussion atm

He’s 20% into his career

https://twitter.com/Mavs_FFL/status/1540883594721255425

:vince1:

2 Likes
  • Luka
  • Trae
  • Morant
  • Tatum
  • Zion
  • Other

0 voters

Most rings?

Whuh? something wrong with this pole

1 Like

Just had the question as an option so was editing it.

For other I mean a young player without a ring. Lamelo, Edwards, Mobley, Barnes, Cade etc.

It’s tough between Luka and Tatum to me.

Tatum having Brown, TimeLord, and Smart around him for multiple seasons going forward vs clearly the top player on the list with a good owner and a more attractive FA destination (imo).

Gotta go Tatum bc of the known I guess.

I think Tatum should be the favorite coming off a finals but went Memphis amd Ja. Good team, still improving and a ton of future picks. Could definitely trade for a disgruntled star in the next year or two.

Seems like Luka is the best player in the pole, but Tatum is more likely to have the better legacy given how close his team already is.

1 Like

Luka is still only 23, rich af, and has known the last few years, even if he committed 100% to diet and cardio, he’s not getting a ring or losing out on a single$. Let’s see if he’s serious about being a goat and hunkers down if they add the pieces to give him a shot at the throne.

Giannis benefits from not dealing with the bruising post play of yesteryear, but the people he’s running over are big and strong. Imo the Lambeer era prolly produced more bruises and nagging injuries but variance is going to catch up with Milwaukee’s Best eventually and having 3/4 limbs thrash in different directions 10xs a game has a serious shelf life.

Honestly Dallas is in a pretty shit situation. Already way over the cap. Don’t have many great trade pieces, not a huge fa Destination, and ownership is meh.

Also I’m not sold on the heliocentric style working for anybody but lebron. Luka, ja, when they’re off the floor their teammates look way more in rhythm, lots of passing, guys getting good looks in rhythm.

I think it’s part of why neither has great on off numbers. Great box score numbers but I’m not convinced they make their teammates a lot better

I mean Luka a great playmaker who gets a lot of assists, but a lot of them are also late shot clock rushed shots.

To your point tho, he’s playing with a bunch of second round/undrafted guys or reclamation projects.

Their roster really is slop. (Shows how great Luka is to get them where he did.)

Yeah I voted Tatum. Not because I think he is the best player of that poll. Hell I might actually think he is the worst. But history shows on this sort of poll bet on the Laker/Celtic.

2 Likes

I’d blame coaching for this more than Ja or Luka themselves, unless it gets to the point that they’re whining about not getting enough touches.

1 Like

Anyone want to feel old?

https://twitter.com/statmuse/status/1541867481861500928

Four former Bucks in the top 19 (KAJ, Oscar, Giannis, Moses) AND they drafted Dr. J and Dirk. Bucks GOAT.

1 Like

Giannis invites the question about peak vs longevity, which is more important for greatness? I say peak, and Giannis’ peak is as good as just about anyones.

But then I think longevity is what makes Labron greater than Jordan. Did Labron have several mental breakdowns causing him to “retire” to pursue some dipshit pipe dream and then come back? He did not! Has to count bigly in his favor.

You guys almost got Steph too. We offered the trade but ya’ll turned him down because of his ankle issues.

I know it wouldn’t have happened the same, but imagine Steph & Giannis on the same team the last 4 years lmao

Thank god you guys did though. He still balls out on the bucks obviously, but Kerrs system is just beautiful with Curry.

I kinda wonder if Curry would’ve had much better box score stats if he played in a traditional offense. I mean he was absolutely slaughtering the Celtics in the pick n roll. The main thing that slows Steph down is when he doesn’t have the ball in his hands, teams get to be super physical with him. If he had 30% usage and was heliocentric like some of these other stars I think he puts up much better stats, but the team doesn’t succeed as much.

I mean how much of that is just Curry? He did all the off ball stuff at Davidson too. Kerr’s offense is a lot less beautiful without curry. Most of it just won’t work.

1 Like