National Basketball Association - 2022/23 Season (Part 1)

I am a yuuge Lakers fan and even I must agree Kobe is overrated. All of the teams he was on that shipped were chock full of quality role players. Kobe really wasn’t carrying anyone.

I kind of feel the same way about the '94 Rockets. Hakeem didn’t have a Scottie Pippen, but they were at least 6-7 deep with good players and they complemented him quite well (i.e., they could hit open 3s.).

I love Horry, tho. He’s definitely underrated. One of my top Lakerfan moments is when he hit that buzzer 3 against the Kings.

1 Like

If you care about draft spoilers, beware that woj is already saying who the magic are supposedly taking

Yeah, Nash is ahead of AI here.

It’s interesting to look at the list so far and think about who had the best “supporting cast”. Kareem and Magic played together obviously. Bird had McHale and Parish, two completely legit HOFers, and DJ was elected posthumously. Jordan carried more teams than any of them, one of the things that made him the GOAT.

Pippen and Rodman, are about as good as it gets for a #2 and #3.

Pippen, Grant, Cartwright, and Paxson aren’t too shabby either.

Why is he surrounded by teenagers flashing signs? I’m getting old

Closest thing to Iverson in the modern game is Ja

Steph w/ Durant and crew imo

They will win it all again next year as well. +460 is a great price. I was telling everyone all year to bet them, and when they made the playoffs I told everyone every series to bet the dubs.

When they made the finals I couldnt believe they were only -165. I called it the opportunity of a lifetime. Boston was one of the most overrated teams Ive ever seen. 51 win team that barely came out of a weak ass east, or this Warriors dynasty? Easiest play ever.

They will repeat next year. They will be waaaaay better than they were this year. Poole, Wiseman, Kuminga and Moody are all very good young players. Throw in Curry, Thompson, Green and Wiggins and I dont even know how this is a question. Barring injury Steve Kerr and the Warriors win it all again mark my words right now.

2 Likes

Oh for fuck’s sake

Not to mention one of the best (if not the best) coaches in NBA history.

Right but he was a criminally underused backup guard at the time, not really relevant.

4 Likes

dwight i see what you did there

But seriously, one of the best coaching minds IN HISTORY was all yup, this is the amount we want this guy to be shooting

OMG SK from downtown! Swish!

LOL at comparing Iverson to Curry, the 4 time World Champ and far and away the best shooter the world will ever see.

2 Likes

Draft Day - A Wiggins.

where do you rank him?(curry)

I would not put Shaq at #4. He was definitely a dominant force, but there are so many far more skilled basketball players. I have a hard time respecting someone that much who couldn’t hit a free throw. He was just a physical specimen.

Overall or point guards?