National Basketball Association - 2022/23 Season (Part 1)

Sometimes dray annoys me, but other times he just an absolute legend

1 Like

Actually a great list so far.

1 Like

Hakeem too low, Duncan too high. Magic and Bird a bit too high. Curry too low. Kobe way too high.

MJ maybe too high? I donā€™t know. I think MJ, Labron, and Shaq could all be the greatest ever. If Shaq could have shot 80% from the free throw line heā€™d be the best ever no question imo.

And then youā€™ve got the confounding factor of top players being on the same team. Kareem won five of his six championships when Magic was on his team. Magic won all of his championships when Kareem was on his team. If you sub Hakeem for Kareem on the Lakers how much higher does Hakeem go on the list?

lmao god damn Curry absolutely faded. Watching these guys celebrate has been so fun.

https://www.reddit.com/r/warriors/comments/vh58ra/drunk_steph_is_my_spirit_animal/

Kobe overrated due to 5 rings. However, he was never the best player on any of those teams, and we saw how crappy his teams were without a dominate big to carry him. In the three years between Shaq and Pau, they made the playoffs once and lost in first round.

Feel an all-time great should be able to do better. In his prime, Hakeem missed the playoffs once, and carried a pretty bad Rockets team to a ring (second best player Otis Thorpe? maybe). Havenā€™t looked at the rest, but donā€™t think any of them were missing the playoffs in their prime.

It was a popular argument at the time, but saying Kobe wasnā€™t the #1 guy on those teams with Pau was a bit of a troll to Kobe fans claiming he was better than Lebron or on Jordanā€™s level.

Meh. Steph put up one of the best individual seasons all time last year and they didnā€™t make the playoffs. You could easily argue his season last year was better than his unanimous MVP season.

I feel like that whole carry your team thing is overrated. Lebron did it but his team was way better defensively than people give them credit for, and he was playing a historically weak east.

Only so much you can do if the rest of your team is truly awful.

Like the list so far. Those are the 12 guys Iā€™d have in the top 12.

Iā€™d say Duncan is too high and Wilt and Hakeem too low. Everyone else is within a point of where Iā€™d put them.

Robert Horry probably. One of the greatest champions of all time. And another reason why Bryant is so overrated, he had Horry on many of those championship teams.

1 Like

My biggest problem is Shaq. I just donā€™t know what to do with him and donā€™t know how to compare him to Wilt. I donā€™t know how much skill Wilt had relative to Shaq and my issue with Shaq is a lack of skill/finesse. Personal preference.

Just big men?

Kareem
Russell
Wilt
Shaq
Duncan

Shaq actually had a lot of finesse for a big dude, especially in his prime. Had beautiful low post footwork, beautiful lil hook shot.

Obviously his size and strength were a huge part of his success. But itā€™s not like he was running players over and being allowed to commit 10 offensive fouls a game :D

2 Likes

Sheeeeesh zion looking fucking ready. New Orleans going to be scary if they all stay healthy

1 Like

no allen iverson?

200 (4)

Just kidding

Heā€™s an all-time great, but spoiler he wonā€™t be in my top 25 list

if curry is in the goat convo you gotta mention iverson at least. he played in a much much more physical game at a similar size (2 inches shorter) and was not a particularly great shooter either. pound for pound heā€™s gotta be close to GOAT (and ftr i never much liked him)

RIP Caleb Swanigan. Damn, only 25 and the word is natural causes, sad to hear.

Also wasnā€™t expecting this Woj Bomb today

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1539729017326243840

Iverson is dope but he is nowhere near Currys level. Hard to get anywhere near the list without a ring.

I actually think p4p is kinda fun for basketball ball though. Iverson isnā€™t top 5 in that either but probably top 10

3 Likes

Isiah says :wave: absolutely willed the bad boys to two titles (3 if not for the phantom fouls on KAJ late in game 6 in 1988.)