National Basketball Association - 2022/23 Season (Part 1)

I dont blame Luka for not winning in the playoffs yet either. Lower seed both times vs a contender and was amazing in both series. It wasn’t like he pulled a Harden.

Dirk and Giannis are currently the top 2 euro nba players of all time. Both top 25 all time NBA players on every ranking list. The debate starts after them.

Yup. Both got regular season and finals MVP. Best player on a title winning team. Even Jokic will have trouble doing this until his team gets better. Even a full strength Nuggets isn’t there imo.

Also caused Canada to miss the Olympics

My prediction:

Jimmy Butler to Lakers, Russ and 1 protected LAL first to OKC, Kemba’s buyout and 1 unprotected LAL 1st to Miami (can the buyout cap hit be traded?). Russ gets bought out for 95 cents on the dollar and signs a minimum somewhere. He leaves his new team after a few games and sits out the rest of the year. Then he either has a Carmelo-style reckoning or goes to China 2023-2024.

Lakers stuck w Westbrook forever.

Luka left calf strain confirmed. No return timetable.

FML

Am I crazy for thinking Detlef Schempf was actually better than Toni Kukoc?

No, I don’t think so. I don’t know if this was based on NBA careers only, though, because Kukoc was a stud in the EuroLeague before he came to the Bulls.

Sure but he was only 25 when he joined the Bulls. So its not like Sabonis where his elite prime happened overseas.

Another fun “let’s remember some guys” Euro star of the 90s was Rik Smits. But wasn’t as good as the centers on this list.

PLLAAAAYYYOFFFFFFFFSSSSSS

3 Likes

Most excited I’ve been since 2008.

1 Like

Same even though my team is out. I’m hopping aboard the Memphis bandwagon in the West and I guess the… Bucks or Celtics?

It’s a shame that the Cavs aren’t healthy for this game. No idea how they can pull off a win or close game.

Hype!

I wish I didn’t enjoy watching Kyrie play basketball was much as I do… The dude’s dribbles are unreal.

I think I will be betting these for series:
Toronto over Philly
Bucks to sweep Chicago
Minnesota to beat Memphis

Obviously Minnesota is a long shot, but they’re #1 in offensive efficiency in 2022. They’re a good team!

Caris LeVert just isn’t a good NBA player…

I’m unfamiliar with that term.

Oh it’s an anagram of “the cavaliers”

1 Like