National Basketball Association - 2022/23 Season (Part 1)

Interesting thing is Nets will probably be favored to win the 1st round over either Celtics or Heat. I don’t necessarily think they’ll win, just where the lines will open once their seeding is known. Bucks are probably the only team in the East that the books would make the Nets an underdog to.

https://twitter.com/thesteinline/status/1513587240374620163?s=21&t=JetiNGDQbn4QAZBawDJBSg

Parker, Petrovic, Nowitzki, Giannis, Jokic

Where’s Marc Gasol?

Fans had 50% of the vote.

I will be shocked if the nets are favorites over the Celtics. Maybe shocked isn’t the right word.

Maybe if Rob is out. Maybe

They definitely will be. Brooklyn is 4.33 to win the east. Celts are 5

1 Like

Apparently Williams is 100% out. Thought they said he had a chance of coming back.

Nets at 4.33 is insane

All the LOLs in the world at this.

https://www.reddit.com/r/pacers/comments/u1b5ak/from_shams/

I don’t see a world in which the best value Brogdon and Hield can get is Westbrook and a 1st 4 years from now.

Honestly not sure if you mean too high or too low.

I think this is “you become a buyout guy and choose your next team or you’ll end up in a place like Indiana or sacramento” pr to Russ.

Will be interesting to see how the warriors try to deal with jokic. Size is our main issue.

Maybe let him get his 35ppg and stop everyone else?

Or go small ball with steph/poole/klay/wigs/dray and see if they can keep up offensively

It was against a g league squad but last night was the first time in awhile it looked like the warriors were all clicking together and shooting well.

Could be a first round exit or win a ring. Exciting as he tbh.

If our guys are playing like they should I don’t think the Suns want to see them. Warriors are a bad match up.

Here for the sixers first round flame-out. Harden looks like he is toast. Maybe it’s just his hammy but he is not an elite level player the past month.

Cp3 also looked super cooked the season after his hammy was injured. I will reserve judgements on harden until next season.

Going to suck they sign him to a 5 year superman and he’s cooked

1 Like

Considering I think the Celtics should be favored over them…

Until you notice that he put up a 28.4/9.1/8.7 this season as the greatest season of any Euro ever sans Jokic who shouldn’t be on the second team.

The cutoff is arbitrary. If the list was in just a couple years their placement would be more obvious.

Also, I discounted Giannis’ seasons. Didn’t think of him offhand as Euro. (Am racist.)

In these kinds of lists it’s easy to have a bias towards modern players if you literally compare them to each other in skill and ability.

But that’s not what’s going on here. There’s never been Euros who were as good against their peers as the three big guys currently going. Pau was a notch below as was TP. Sabonis might honestly have been as good but it’s impossible to say as he didn’t get the opportunity in his prime.

I think Dirk is between the two groups but that’s speculative and you could insert him with the three aforementioned re: ranking in their time.