National Basketball Association - 2022/23 Season (Part 1)

I’m real bummed about how Wiseman is panning out. If he was even an average center it would make the world of difference to the warriors.On the other hand Poole went like 28th and will probably be a top 10 PG next season, probably an all star.

Draft is basically a lottery.

Jokic was a 2nd round pick

also only a few of that entire round end up starters in the league, it’s not as much of a lottery, but the kings drafted high every year and made it seem that way

Jokic going 2nd round is insanity. Pair him up with any great guard like Steph/Trae/Luka etc and the league would have been completely fucked.

I will happy take one of Jabari or Paolo. The pacers are in desperate need of a big wing. Bubble TJ was the best we have had and he hasn’t played a game in 2 years.

Yeah the late season collapse has been a bummer. Steph was runaway MVP and then hit the worst slump of his career. Wigs went from an all star to playing terrible. Dray then Steph injury.

If they can get back to how they were playing early in the season and add Pooles recent improvements and thats a hard team to beat.

Team could be a first round exit or win a ring. Huge variables.

Wiggins didn’t deserve to be an all star and that stretch for Curry was like 15 games.

Theyre not winning a ring.

RWB’s sheer incompetence at 15ft banks shots (I think he’s trying to bank? Sometimes they fly over the board) is fascinating

I’d say he didn’t deserve to be a starter but he def deserved to be an allstar. 20 ppg on good efficiency and elite defense.

And it was 25 games tyvm image They were still dominating even when he went into his slump. Basically until Dray went down.

Probably not, but there is a lot of variance there. If everyone is playing at the level they’re capable of they would be hard to beat.

You can say they were “dominating,” but Phoenix, Memphis, Boston and Milwaukee have all had better stretches for longer. At full health are they better than Miami, Philly, Dallas? Maybe, but they’re in that tier, not the true contender one.

I’m skeptical Wiggins was playing elite defense. He’s been terrible his entire career and this is the first year advanced stats even have him above average on D (and just barely).

He’s not the worst All-Star, but there are lots of similar caliber players such that if he missed the team, no one would have called it a snub.

Maybe he’s just letting the game come to him this year. Not trying to do too much out there!

Some highlights from Knicks vs Magic.

5 Likes

I LOVE THIS GAME!

1 Like

It’s so wonderful. They’re just like us. Makes me feel like I could play in the NBA, too. Gives me confidence.

Cavs still had a chance to avoid the play in, but instead decided to drop a game to the lol Magic. The Magic’s leading scorers tonight were checks notes Mo Bamba and some guy named Ignas Brazdeikis.

Well, it’s been fun Cavs! Maybe you can still get in the draft lottery!

1 Like

I really wanted that pick this year. Injuries derailed the pacers plan yet again. I think it applies next year since it didn’t this year.

everyone’s writing a funeral and the cavs probably just have to win a game out of two in the playin round

(so am I I’m just bitter I have to figure out how much I need to arb against them) spurs too, those were the two I took to make the playoffs this year.

Watching the Lakers implode was the only reason to watch the regular season.

2 Likes

Can’t stop laughing

https://twitter.com/lakerfan9888102/status/1511565599343742976?s=21&t=7twHRiLB5CboA3IdZnxtQQ

11 Likes

The Caruso part got me.

3 Likes