National Basketball Association - 2022/23 Season (Part 1)

What?

They’re 10-3 since the all star break, and 1/2 game out of 1st in the East. Giannis is playing at a DPOY and MVP level, and they just got Lopez and Connaughton back from injury.

What a scrub fest now between POR and HOU, my god

The Cavs have turned back into pumpkins.

1 Like

Yeah ignore that post. Prior to that they had been playing .500 basketball for awhile but yeah they’ve been on a nice run and I’ve missed it.

Grizz continue to dominate without Morant. It’s too large of a sample size to be variance. Very weird because he’s obviously a great player.

I just learned Jokics TS%. Only other player close was Curry last year, 2018, and 2016. I don’t care if he’s the the 6th seed this dude should be MVP. I love Embiid personality but this shouldn’t even but close. His stats are insane.

Hopefully his team gets healthy. This dude deserves to get a bunch of rings and be in the top all time discussion. If they don’t get it done this year or next Nuggets need to let him go to a team where he can contend.

it’s Garland and a mish mash of spare parts but that’s it with no Allen. Okoro on the floor and you’re playing 4 on 5 on offense. Levert’s kind of the opposite. Both were on the floor at the same time yesterday for awhile. Mobley needs to take that step up. Markkanen is just a backup but he’s forced to start. They’re a young team though at least.

Just make the damn playoffs is all I ask now. also thanks a lot DK not having a cashout option for me on that team.

Jalen Green is gonna be an elite scorer in this league. Wouldn’t be surprised if he makes the leap to 25 ppg next season. Whether or not he can do anything else well remains to be seen.

Cavs could be in a lot of trouble in the play in tournament too.

I still think Giannis is the best player in the league right now. I’d put top 10 this season as:

1. Giannis
  2. Jokic
  3. Embiid
  4. Luka
  5. Ja
  6. Lebron
  7. KD
  8. Steph
  9. Tatum
  10. Booker

Mavs/Jazz might be playing for first round homecourt tonight.

lmao having Ja that high. You mad overrating him. His TS% and advanced stats don’t have him anywhere near the top 10. His defense is bad, he isn’t that efficient, isn’t a good playmaker etc.

I get he’s exciting and has flashy dunks, but why would you have him anywhere near that high?

Grizz might legitimately be better without him

This warriors team is so bad without Steph. Steph top 3 in basically all advanced stats, and this shows why.

I will say Klay is at least playing in the motion of the offense and not just chucking it every time he gets the ball. So I do think he’s playing a lot better. Wonder if Dray/Kerr had the talk with him.

His TS% isn’t top 10, but there aren’t any wings in the top 10 and basically no wings with significant usage that rate well in this. He’s definitely not inefficient if that’s the argument you’re trying to make.

He is top 10 in PER and BPM and 12th in VORP.

4-10 can be arranged in any order and basically be correct though.

Steph top 5 in all advanced stats and has 60% TS which I do think is top 10. Don’t see any legit argument for having Ja over him. Just seeing the impact they have on how their teams play without them is insane. Grizz 17-2 including wins over buckers and full strength nets and Warriors are like 2-7

Also KD should be #4 at worst unless you’re taking away from him because he’s injured.

1. Jokic
  2. Giannis
  3. Embiid
  4. KD
  5. Luka
  6. Tatum
  7. Steph
  8. Lebron
  9. Trae
  10. Booker
  11. Ja
1 Like

Even Ja being number ten speaks volumes about the talent in the league right now

2 Likes

All the “good teams” play pretty well without their star. Suns played amazing without CP3. Both them and Grizzlies would be dead in a playoff series without either unless it was vs a Lakers level first round opponent.

Would put Towns over Trae based on this season.

True this is the most talent stacked the league has ever been. It becoming such a huge global sport has changed it. Top 3 guys are foreign.

Gobert didn’t play tonight, mavs cruised in second half.

Not sure I have much confidence in mavs first round even if they get home court. If I rank both teams players I have the mavs with the first and fifth best player. Maybe 2 and 6.

Boston the 1 seed now after crushing Minnesota, and Philly losing. Been best time in league for three plus months now.

They’ve definitely been the best team in the league in 2022, but they will be underdogs in any 2nd round series and, well, would you take them vs Bkn/Mil at +125 or whatever? I still wouldn’t.