National Basketball Association - 2022/23 Season (Part 1)

Losing to this team should get you relegated.

After tonight, the Raptors, Cavs, and Bulls are going to be in a really close race to avoid the play in tournament. Gonna be hilarious if the Bulls completely crumble and end up out of the playoffs.

Yeah right

https://twitter.com/sportsradiowip/status/1507363392306229250?s=21

This is nonsense. Curry isn’t up to his standards lately but he’s still shooting 60% TS which is the highest of any guard who is scoring more than 20 points.

He had a bad end of december/January but since then he is back to being the best PG in the league along side Luka. His scoring wasn’t as high because he took on the role of running the offense and that’s not normal for him, but it was still 25 ppg on the best guard efficiency is still all nba 1st team. Only people with better offensive stats are Trae who is like the worst defensive player in the league and Luka because his playmaking/rebounding.

His advanced stats are all top 5 and the best of any guard by far.

Scariest team in the league right now. The defense is insane and Tatum playing like a top 5 player.

You look at their individual defense metrics over the last 15 games and Celt’s are all over top ten. They been playing hot for a while.

Really will be interesting to see them in the playoffs.

I expect them to play Toronto and that’s not a great match-up for them. Could easily go 7.

Defense becomes even more important in the playoffs. They’re all a bunch of long boys with no weakness to attack. Plus IIRC Tatum has already shown he balls out hard in the playoffs.

East is crazy though so it’s hard to say. If Ben Simmons comes back as much as I hate the nets they will be scary. Bucks with Giannis haven’t been playing great but might kick it into another gear in the playoffs, Philly it’s hard to say. Hardens freethrow merchant act drops off in the playoffs but his playmaking has been great with Embiid and Maxey has look great too.

Favor the celtics but so many possibilities.

God if the nets win I might have to hate basketball again. Most unlikable team of all time.

Probably have to fade them winning for the next like 2-3 years with their scary line up. Unless Kyrie blows up the team.

Tatum has already had OG put him in his pocket for a series though.

Don’t see Brooklyn doing it. Teams just don’t win with tough roads.
Going through the play in, then Miami, then Mil, then Philly? Hard to win 3 60:40s in a row.

1 Like

The East has so much parity that whoever draws Cleveland and Chicago in the first round might be the co-favorites.

1 Like

1 Like

Harden looks pretty unimpressive so far. Not sure he gets his mojo going forward this year but we will see.

I haven’t liked how they look, but if they get to play Chicago, then Boston then Mil/Bkn, that’s not a super tough road.

I like Mil the most in the east but the top 4 are all strong plus Brooklyn.

https://twitter.com/LegionHoops/status/1507424245436989443

Tatum averaged 24-10-5….

TOR-BOS would be a great series. But I think Boston will end up with a top 2 seed, they have tie breakers on almost everyone.

I think the Celtics are either first or second in post-All-Star break offensive rating. The defense has gotten all the attention, but their offense has massively changed for the better. Less iso and more ball movement. The switch was flipped when they decreased Dennis Schroder’s role and cemented when they dumped him.

Lot of talk about kerrs coaching. The league adjusted to their movement schemes and its not that great anymore. They dont use the pick and roll which all the best offenses use. Although u guess they dont have a roll man. Maybe kuminga or wiggs?

Starting klay was obviously a mistake and now hes kinda in a corner.

Seems bad at adjusting.

How would you guys rate kerr as a coach?

Or when the cavs started mugging curry off ball in 2016 leading to like 15 fewer touches why they didn’t just have steph on ball more. Hes more than capable if doing stuff off the dribble?

I know theyve had injuries but its been a pretty awful collapse this year and lots of teams are dealing wifh injuries

They used to run PNR with Draymond where he’d get it back at the FT line (and usually swing it) instead of a straight-line roll to the rim.