National Basketball Association - 2022/23 Season (Part 1)

They are definitely terrible, they don’t have a second third or fourth man. They have a bunch of 5-7 men on a good team.

For the record I don’t think luka is mvp, but in top five conversations he wasn’t being mentioned until very recently, which was silly,

Masai wouldn’t trade Gary Trent for Kristaps and I wouldn’t either.

I like Brunson but past Luka, it’s hard to find many playoff teams that would trade 1 other starter with Dallas.

How many players should be on the shortlist of reasonable choices for at least a fifth place vote?

Why do you think the betting market disagrees with you? Embiid is still the fav over jokic with giannis a very distant 3rd

Voter fatigue and the fact that everyone’s used to Giannis putting up numbers.

1 Like

In a just world, LBJ and Jordan have a lot more MVPs, but voters like narratives and voting for a new guy.

I feel if Jokic didn’t win last year, he’d be easy favorite this year.

1 Like

lol - somebody on the Bucks’ RealGM board did the math and determined that the Bucks’ net rating would be 2.2 points higher (+3.6 to +5.8 a couple days ago) if you remove the 308 minutes Semi Ojeleye played.

I would like to add advanced stats are not some perfect metric that isolates one players abilities. Who your teammates are and how they play impact all your stats, advanced or otherwise.

I kind of like that the vote is kind of spread around the top guys over the years.
Also, it is dumb as a narrative that you have to kind of “do better” to get an MVP if you’ve won one before, while we celebrate players who get improve, but I don’t hate it.

1 Like

for sure. If KAT was putting up Jokic numbers he’d win. Maybe if Jokic had more personality he would win.

I don’t hate that it becomes harder to win a second mvp.

Mmmmmmmmmm

Advanced stats or not, Giannis is doing things that have never been done before in NBA history. He’s about to become the first player to average 30+ pts/36 minutes for four straight seasons, and he’s doing it while also being the best defensive player in the league. But narratives means the media is gonna give it to Embiid.

NYC lifting the vaccine mandate for athletes and entertainers might be a top 3 infuriating Covid moment and that’s saying something

1 Like

The Celtics are flawless right now.

3 Likes

Adams doesn’t give a shit about the Nets. The reason this is happening now has way way way more to do with the Yankees. The Nets have like 14 fans in NY.

Hey, the Yankees season is starting. What else are they gonna do, prosecute Trump?

What a turnaround. They were miserable to watch early in the season. 48 minutes of joy now. Even garbage time is fun with STAUSKAS.

https://twitter.com/seangrandepbp/status/1506806528539561986?s=21

2 Likes