National Basketball Association - 2022/23 Season (Part 1)

New York Liberty fined 500k, threatened with loss of every draft pick ever, and loss of franchise for providing decent working conditions.

The horror of chartering flights for a professional sports team.

1 Like

They were fined for violating the CBA.

Westbrook 12-6-8 in almost 39 minutes. Guy is a literal anchor.

What are you talking about? That’s almost a triple double. :/

https://twitter.com/Gignac__/status/1499037865145155588?s=20&t=Kve5l1bNMp84N-Uh2CK4Fw

EC standings

Going to be a pretty sick stretch run and a crazy playoffs.

I’m thinking I’d be pretty content to not be the #1 or #2 seed and potentially get a full-strength Brooklyn in the first round. And the defending champs have the hardest schedule the rest of the way and are banged up, so they could conceivably drop into the play-in round.

Week to week makes me think he will be just fine a few days after they play in Philly on the 10th or 11th. Maybe a week after to give him some more plausible deniability.

2 Likes

I really thought Atlanta would be good this year off of their run last year. Trae has been good but I thought he would have the hype Ja has been getting and they just can’t play D.

Yeah I was thinking about that lately too. Mostly because the Trae / Luka comparisons that came out of draft.

After last year and thinking Trae has s much better supporting cast it’s s little surprising.

The Nets traded Harden for a stiff. A literal stiff. I don’t know what full strength means, but don’t count on Simmons. Evah.

How can he feel any soreness when he’s spineless?

2 Likes

I will give Kid credit, thought he would be bad but that team is ok given how bad the supporting cast is.

Yeah kind of surprising me. Their improvement on defense has been crazy. I think they went from 28th DVOA to 4th or 5th.

luckily simmons is historically good in the playoffs

3 Likes

Without Luka they’re easily a lottery team. I dont know if any of their other starters start for basically any playoff team.

Kind of weird how 2 years in a row Luka is the mvp favorite preseason, plays great and isn’t in the discussion this time of year. Has to be mostly his teams not being quite good enough (and he doesn’t have the advanced stats of jokic etc, but Nuggets are just much better)

The antithesis of the Steph Curry shooting video.

https://twitter.com/overtime/status/1499410170979524614

2 Likes

OMG, how can you be THAT BAD at that close when you’re that tall?

Had Steph to score 25+ as part of a boost, he had 21 going into the 4th and took 0 shots the entire quarter, gg

Yeah his stats are up there, but I agree the supporting cast is weak. Brunson is arguably their second best player and really is a great 6th/7th man on a good team.

They have made no significant roster moves outside of bringing in and jettisoning porzingis.

They are like 6-2 or 7-1 since he left and luka has been playing out of his mind, but he won’t get the mvp talk until he has a better team.

I think part of it is also he starts the season out of shape and the first half of his seasons aren’t great.

But yeah his team not being great doesn’t help either. If he came into the season playing like he does the 2nd half he can probably drag them to a top 3 spot and get his MVP which would be insane.