National Basketball Association - 2022/23 Season (Part 1)

https://twitter.com/MitchellRossman/status/1410451696749142019

https://mobile.twitter.com/rjochoa/status/1410446499998224390

That’s how long it has been.

To me, that implies it hasn’t been long enough.

My memory is evidently faulty but I can name all the '76 Suns. Can’t do it for '93.

shrug

These playoffs are weird AF.

Hawks lose Young, then beat Bucks
Bucks lose Giannis, then beat Hawks
Clippers lose Kawhi and then close out Jazz in back to back games.
Suns lose Paul, take 2-0 lead on Clippers, who get back into it after Paul comes back.

Losing best player is no problem at all apparently.

1 Like

2 Likes

I don’t listen to Simmons’ podcasts or read his stuff, but I’m sure he’s banging that drum pretty hard these days.

Naming all 12 guys on the roster is pretty impressive fandom.

He really hasn’t, has basically just said how “weird” these playoffs are with all the injuries. Less dumb hot take stuff like that.

Wonky

Bucks were actually without two of their regular starters. Obviously DDV doesn’t have the impact of a Trae or Giannis, but he’s a very good perimeter defender - important against the Hawks - and is a great rebounder for his position. Plus, without him, the bench is weaker.

I’d be surprised if Trae doesn’t play in Game 6. Do or die game for them, if he can walk, I’d think he gives it a go. I assume Game 7 is the earliest Giannis returns, if he’s even back at all in the series.

The Bucks have shown that if they just come out with energy and get aggressive, they will win. They are better than the Hawks. The two games they lost (and one they almost did), they basically just played like shitheads. Go out there and shove it up their asses from the opening tip. Don’t just assume you’re going to win. Jrue needs to be the man controlling everything and Bud needs to keep Lopez in the post on offense.

I should add that the Hawks have the potential to be really good next year. I mean, they’re already good. But with health and another year of experience with these young players, could be fun.

I feel like you’re laying the foundation to morph into a Hawks fan next season

It helps that even some of the scrubs were memorable for one reason or another. E.g. Pat Riley in his last season as a player.

If this was on the table, is Morey dumb for not accepting?

https://twitter.com/JDumasReports/status/1410976218740973568

I would be fine with it as a pacers fan. You would have to trade Sabonis though. A Ben Simmons / Turner defense would be elite. Plenty of scoring in Caris and Warren.

First reaction is not at all. That kind of deal will still be there in August or around the trade deadline.

Either one of those things for simmons is overpaying for him is the problem.

Are you indifferent to doing a deal involving Indiana’s 2021 first vs a future first?

Eh nah. Certain times stick with you more. I can probably name as many 77-79 Cubs relatively speaking as I could late 80s early 80s Rangers and I probably went to 300 plus games of the later and 3 games of the former.

Memory is a weird thing, especially since I don’t even like baseball very much and it was my number 1 or 2 sport for 25 years.

I don’t know that I could name a single 2021 ranger except by accident.

I watched basketball but wasn’t really a favorite sport of mine until I was almost 20. Now it is near the top with football. Football has always been 1 or 2.

Back to what you said probably the earliest nba team I could name everyone on is 87 Mavericks.

1 Like

I just tried the '93 Suns myself and I got 6. I’m pretty proud of that honestly.