National Basketball Association - 2022/23 Season (Part 1)

Phoenix are a good team but they don’t have enough skill to steamroll a good healthy team. They crushed Denver because the guard matchup was booker/Paul vs campazzo and rivers.

pippen gets called out on that stuff cause he walked off in game 3 of the playoffs against the knicks with 2 seconds left when phil drew the play to go to kukoc instead of him.

The Clippers rallied from a 16-point deficit in the third quarter to get within one, but couldn’t complete the comeback. They went 0 for 12 from the floor with a chance to tie or take the lead, which is the worst shooting stretch over the past 25 postseasons, according to ESPN Stats & Information.

The most frustrating sporting event I’ve ever seen live. The crowd was ready to blow as soon as the Clippers took the lead, then let down - 12 freaking times. It was like watching 3rd graders.

But it was still a good game at least. Looked like it could be a blowout early. The Clippers can’t break my heart - only the Royals, Chiefs and Tom Watson.

True, but then they beat LAC twice without Chris Paul. So I figured if we just add Paul back in, then it’s gg everyone else. I’m probably wrong about that.

Although it could be as simple as Booker playing like shit for two games and if gets back to form, then it’s steamroll city again.

It really wasn’t. It was a competitive game, but that 4th quarter was some of the most brutal basketball I’ve seen in awhile.

I’ll take it over a blowout, though.

Every time I’ve watched the Clippers this playoffs they have looked like the best team in NBA history, and I really am not being too hyperbolic. I turn games on whenever they just start cruising.

And then I watched yesterday’s game in it’s entirety.

One thing watching live - Chris Paul is still the best player on the court by far. I’ve never seen someone so creative with the dribble to consistently get open despite having multiple towers draped all over him.

Everyone else - Booker, Mann, Jackson, PG - seemed to be playing demolition derby compared to Paul. They would have to settle for a shitty contested shot, or just crash the basket out of control hoping for a foul.

On this date in NBA history, 14 players were selected ahead of Giannis in the 2013 NBA Draft. Here’s a list of those players:

Anthony Bennett, Victor Oladipo, Otto Porter Jr, Cody Zeller, Alex Len, Nerlens Noel, Ben McLemore, Kentavious Caldwell-Pope, Trey Burke, CJ McCollum, Michael Cater-Williams, Steven Adams, Kelly Olynyk, Shabazz Muhammad.

Lol NBA teams, especially Philly who used two of those picks.

2 Likes

Wasn’t crazy tbh. Dude didn’t play in college or a top euro league, grew after he got drafted as well.

That’s fair, but I’ll counter that with the fact even random NBA fans like me knew going into that draft that Giannis had potentially the highest ceiling of any player in that draft. It’s why I was ecstatic when the Bucks picked him, and why it was so lol he was even available for them there.

Professional sports teams just make the safe play far too often, because you don’t usually get fired for making the safe move for several years.

mOsT iMpOrTaNt GaMe

“When you look at the series winning by who is winning after the Game 3, we see that Game 3 is actually the most pivotal game of all. Whoever is winning after Game 3 has won 126 of the last 150 series, the most of any game number.”

You should see Paul Allen’s Game 7 statistics.

4 Likes

In for the 4th. Hopefully it will be just as competitive as the 4th quarter last night, but without the zillions of bricks.

Not looking great with Trae’s ankles.

Potential lots of lead changes.

Young not needed

I still can’t believe the Hawks are doing this without Reddish or Hunter… What a run man.

Someone may want to guard this Middleton fellow.

FYI prob not worth it for some but if you watch the game on the nba app it’s commentator free which is interesting.

You only get the backboard cams, and only one side, but I’m kinda diggin it.

1 Like