National Basketball Association - 2022/23 Season (Part 1)

Can someone remind me what exactly happened with Brogdan? Could the Bucks have kept him in a way that made sense?

Isiah scored 25 in a quarter on an ankle swollen to grapefruit size. Suck it up Trae.

Brogdon was a restricted free agent, but re-signing him would have gotten the Bucks deep into the luxury tax because they decided to sign Eric Bledsoe to a big extension. Milwaukee preferred to get draft compensation that was cheaper and provided more flexibility. Part of it may have been that Brogdon was unhappy and wanted a larger role and they were content to let him go chase that dream rather than become a locker room problem.

Jesus how many of these 3s are the Hawks gonna miss?

Blouses.

someone thought bledsoe is good at basketball

Thanks. I guess the real mistake was the Bledsoe extension. However, if Brogdan was truly unhappy, then maybe it wasn’t meant to be? How much bigger of a role could he have had?

Bucks were always favorites to win this game and series…but still a shame if Trae stepping on refs foot changed shit

Results-oriented thinking, but should they just have left Trae in the locker room?

Trailblazers announce the hire of their new coach during the 4th quarter of a Sunday night playoff basketball game. That reeks of confidence that it’s a great situation.

Milwaukee has a history of overpaying role players as if they think they need to throw money at decent but not great players to stick around, then having to give up assets to move those bad contracts. I think teams should be more willing to let good players walk if they get crazy contract offers rather than feel obligated to overpay because their ability to replace the talent is limited if they are over the cap.

I forgot that Milwaukee also had concerns about the long-term health of Brogdon and that probably played a role in their willingness to move on from him.

Portland is in full panic mode with Dame. Fans got on him for saying he wanted Kidd. Now they hire billups and they pulling up the old sexual assault allegations. Somehow this is all Lillard’s fault.

Mother of God - as a very casual NBA fan I recognize none of those. I must have been doing a lot of blow in 2013.

other than shabazz and bennett they are all still in the league so i assume it’s a continuous use of blow.

They never come up on PTI or Around the Horn - which is 95% of my exposure to regular season NBA. But I also follow the NCAA tourney pretty closely and I don’t remember any of them.

Mccollum, Dipo and Adams definitely come up on shows like that.

https://twitter.com/dpshow/status/1409537922978754562?s=19

3 Likes

It’s safe to say Scottie won’t be receiving a Christmas card from Michael this year.

CJ you may remember - his #15 Lehigh beat the #2 seed Duke team in the first round.

Trey Burke was the best player in the championship game for Michigan, he was doing Trae-like pull ups.

Again - must have been a heavy blow period