National Basketball Association - 2022/23 Season (Part 1)

Welcome home Rick! It’s awesome to see the team fork out the money for an actual good coach. I think Sabonis gets dealt if there are any decent offers.

Wasn’t the limo driver killer Jayson Williams also implicated in killing a couple for their boat?

Ah - no I guess that was Brian Williams:

What happened next, no one really knows for sure. Dabord would later describe to his girlfriend how he got into a fight with his brother. When Karlan, Dele’s girlfriend, tried to break up the two brothers, she got knocked down on the deck and suffered a fatal head injury. Once Saldo, the captain, realized what had happened, he ordered the boat to return to port and report the death to authorities.

According to Dabord, Bison Dele became agitated and beat Sabord to death with a wrench. At that point, Dabord said he feared for his life and shot his brother. He then proceeded to take bodybuilder weights on the boat, weighted down all three bodies, and threw them overboard into shark-infested waters. He then sailed back toward Tahiti.

On September 15, two months after setting sail on that tragic trip and with authorities closing in on him, Dabord reportedly overdosed on insulin and fell into a coma in Mexico. He died on September 28. And no one to this day knows what happened to the three other members of the trip. Their bodies were never found.

Crazy. And it still isn’t the couple that was killed. Maybe that one didn’t involve an NBA player.

I’m guessing that’s this story.

Thomas Hawks was a retired probation officer and bodybuilder. He and his second wife Jackie owned a 55-foot yacht, the Well Deserved , which they treated as their permanent home and on which they sailed for two years around the Pacific Ocean and the Gulf of California. In 2004, they decided to sell their yacht and set up home in Newport Harbor to be closer to their grandchild.[1] Jackie (née O’Neill) had helped raise Tom’s children from his first marriage since adolescence. When the wife of Hawks’ eldest son had expected their first child, Jackie treated the news as if it had been her own natural grandchild.[3]

Their advertisement of the sale of the yacht was answered in November by Skylar Deleon. The couple was initially cautious of Deleon, but they became more receptive when he brought his then-pregnant wife Jennifer and their other child to meet them.[4] The Hawks were last seen alive on the morning of November 15, 2004, heading out of the harbor. The yacht returned, but they did not.[1] Neither body has ever been recovered.[5]

Ton of tv news magazine stories on them. I recognize this image.

The one I’m thinking of happened on a deserted island in the Pacific that boat people would stop at. There was some other creepy person anchored at the island at the time that they didn’t like. Then they went missing and that person showed up with their boat somewhere (I think).

I’m a Suns guy, but it looks like the Clippers have them right where they want them. Down 0-2 seems like their thing. I haven’t seen Magic’s take yet though.

Magic’s take:

Game 3 is important to win when your team is down 0-2.

6 Likes

This aged well.

Magic’s on record as saying that games 3 and 5 are the most important in a series, so the Clippers are in great shape.

1 Like

I regret mocking the magic man.

1 Like

From Rick Carlisle to Jason Kidd. lolmavz, I’m sure hbob is pleased.

2 Likes

In 4 1/2 seasons he’s a sub-.500 coach. Why is he so sought after?

Edit: Magic has weighed in, so now it’s all clear:

https://twitter.com/MagicJohnson/status/1408493143788376065

If Magic’s on board then I’m sold.

Winning the prime number games is crucial in a series

1 Like

Has anyone attempted to reverse engineer whatever crazy pills logic is required to arrive at that games 3 and 5 idea?

Idk but I’ll take a game 4 win rn.

This is some ugly ass basketball.

LOOOOOOOOOOL Cousins.

I actually think this ending is pretty great.

Lue essentially getting outcoached largely because he didn’t make sure Cousins knew how to miss.

I actually thought that PHX was gonna steamroll everyone, but Bucks can definitely give them problems. Even Hawks could.

I think the anomaly was them crushing the Nuggets.

Man i love cousins. That was art. Topshot that missed ft i’ll sell a kidney