National Basketball Association - 2022/23 Season (Part 1)

Well, you can get Kemba, who’s at least an average PG when healthy, plus picks you can use to swing a deal to upgrade another position.

I’m a Bucks fan and I still like Trae.

“Average?” Kemba is not average and is paid a lot. He couldn’t be a #3 option on Boston, now you’re asking him to be a #2.

it’s okc, they get picks not give them up

The problem with trading for ben is he’s got 147 million left on the deal. Only in the NBA would someone make a deangelo russell type of deal for him but sheesh. Only Wall contract is worse I guess in the entire NBA.

If OKC already had two great players I wouldn’t mind that move, but the goal is to use those picks for a great player. OKC isn’t getting one in free agency. So you have to draft 1 to pair with shai, then trade for one. If you get Simmons now you probably won’t be in the lottery next year. Draft someone decent this year, they’ll still be bad enough for a good pick then go after someone.

Theyre 2-3 years away still, not time to speed it up.

HOCKS cleaning the glass late.

Rofl nice shot bro

This is such a weird game. Bucks started out looking like they were obviously the superior team. Were up 9 and felt like they should be up 20. Felt like they were “playing with their food” in the second quarter. Then Trae goes nuts in the third, yet even after that, it felt like the Bucks were easily better, as long as they got the ball to Giannis.

So of course Giannis gets the ball at the basket once in the last four possessions, but unfortunately it’s the final possession when they need a three.

Also, it took Bud a long time to figure out Lopez was unplayable.

The Bucks got any shot they wanted on the Hawks in the first quarter, yet were still held under the season scoring average. It’s just horrible coaching.

I couldn’t name 15 starting point guards who would clearly be better than a healthy Kemba Walker next season. To be clear, there are several young point guards who I expect won’t be better than that, but who I would take over Kemba because of contracts, thinking beyond next season, and the probability that Kemba is actually healthy.

Kemba Walker is still clearly a starting-caliber PG in this league. I’d definitely take him over Wall or Westbrook, taking contracts into account, if I cared about winning.

The upside of rehabbing Ben Simmons and turning him into a trade asset that can be used to acquire more picks is much higher than doing the same for Kemba Walker. Maybe it’s worth it if you use protections to trade the worst of the 2022 and 2023 picks owned by OKC.

With so many picks, I don’t think OKC needs to go to the full Hinkie in rebuilding. I think Ainge using picks to trade for Isaiah Thomas instead of tanking for multiple season and ending up with only one non-playoff season between the Garnett-Pierce Celtics and the Brad Stevens Celtics is the model I would go for.

Good game. The NBA would do well to try and emulate the parity of this season. The Celtics and Lakers don’t need to be perennial contenders. Shedding that perception would grow the league’s popularity.

2 Likes

I think the Embiid window is max two seasons. That body is not going to hold up. Whoever gives him a big contract in 2023 is going to regret it.

2 Likes

I thought Jay Williams died in a car accident.

Depends on the years, but I’d take Kemba and this year’s OKC first for Ben. If we can get another or some second rounders, great.

His career died, he’s fine. Just fucked up his knee.

There’s another Jayson Williams who was murdered a limo driver.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/espn_macmahon/status/1408080007268900866

https://twitter.com/TheSteinLine/status/1408099524191526916

Hard to believe that Haralobob would approve of Jason Kidd and his “miss FT up 3 w/2 seconds left to avoid the 4 point play” strategies.

1 Like

What if Luka insists on a coach Haralobob would hate just to show dominance?

1 Like

1 Like