National Basketball Association - 2022/23 Season (Part 1)

Claxton has GOAT level hair and is just as impressive on the floor.

agree

Robby Anderson in the NFL is the Goat tho

1 Like

Remember all the people saying the Bucks would beat the Nets then the Nets blew them out without Harden?

1 Like

No one is beating this Nets team which is making me sad as a basketball fan.

Enjoy the top level offense you are witnessing

I would like it more if they slowed down the pace so I can hit the under.

Itā€™s a lot of missed layups/3s leading go transition points for the nets. Obviously if the Bucks shoot this bad itā€™s over quick, but the supporting nets cast are having career games while the Bucks are 15% from 3.

Any time a team shoots sub 30% from 3 they get blown out these days. Milwaukee is shooting 18%

Bucks are basically playing their Game 1 Miami offense, but the Nets are a lot better than Miami. Not going to win many when you shoot under 20% from three and under 45% overall. The Nets have scored 24 more points from three than the Bucks.

https://twitter.com/chrisvernonshow/status/1401351691447025664?s=21

1 Like

Giannis o33.5 hit
Blake u6.5 did not.

Shook

Lol I was about to reply to Melkerson with something like, ā€œItā€™s funny because when I rant about this shit people think Iā€™m talking about Bob Cousy and Havlicek stealing the ball and what not lol.ā€

Man ā€œback in my dayā€ was And1 and streetball lol. You know why that fell out of fashion? Because the moves donā€™t look crazy anymore! (I meanā€¦ aside from putting the ball in your shirt and other sillinessā€¦ thatā€™d be wild to see in the NBA)

Iā€™m trying and failing to find my favorite clip (Hot Sauce at Foster Beach in Chicago), but the people Iā€™ve mentioned this to have had their minds blown. The clips that you remember as being ridiculous carrying and traveling are now stuff thatā€™s taught by NBA trainers. Drew Hanlen has youtube videos.

Thatā€™s why every tall dude suddenly learned to dribble. Basically it was decided that basketball would look the best if everybody was a Labran, a sort of point-forward-slashing-shooting-guard hybrid but it took Lebren years in the league to even be a proficient ball-handler much less the top shelf one he is now.

Lol I might still be some form of old man yelling at cloud, but my conjecture is that somehow the NBA broke on through to the other side and now imo parts of it do look like goofy 1950s basketball they spent decades trying to evolve away from.

Sometimes the ball just doesnā€™t go in the hoop. The world is an imperfect place.

Atlanta is straight up whooping that ass (42 pt 1Q). And Embiid started :eyes:

1 Like

Well that game got way more interesting than it should have.

Pretty dumb how unprepared/rusty Philly started. But if they play D like the second half the rest of the way its over in 5.

I would be shocked if philly won 4 straight.

Or did you mean ATL in 5

Philly. Perhaps McMillan can make good adjustments or Doc can fuck it up again, but Philly started hunting mismatches and it got very easy. Now, why they didnā€™t do that in the first half is a very good question.

Trae and Huerter just canā€™t guard anyone, no one can guard Embiid.

Nateā€™s been the best coach in the playoffs AINEC really. Atlanta kept hunting Curry in switches and let Bogdan et al abuse him.

Simmons is also a complete fucking joke. 3/10 from the line as a PG should be punishable by execution.