National Basketball Association - 2022/23 Season (Part 1)

I guess it doesn’t really bother me because it makes the game enjoyable to watch.

Yeah I’m just fooling around, I’m not trying to shame anybody for enjoying some basketball. But it’s subjective and it actually does make it less enjoyable for me. I feel like they had it pinned down at some point in the past decade and then they kinda lost control. I blame Harden but I also kind of respect him for it; he’s on record saying he wanted to ‘break the game’ in the sense that he knows the step-back was ‘illegal’ but he was playing a game of chicken with the powers that be and daring them to disappoint his fans.

I am confused by the stevens promotion. Was he always going to ownership with great personnel ideas that ainge refused to listen to?

Nothing about this sounds like a planned transition so what was happening that got Stevens fired as coach and hired as GM?

Hopefully they start calling Harden for traveling on his stepback/stepside threes starting tonight.

1 Like

I think Ainge had been thinking about retirement due to health and family and when he finally pulled the trigger, a burnt-out Stevens expressed interest in the job. I don’t think anyone was secretly fired.

1 Like

Back in my day they were Real Players and didn’t travel on every possession! Fundamentals!

Cover

2 Likes

Bolded is true for me too. This shit is ridiculous. Basketball is still a great game if you just enforce the traditional traveling rules. There is no need to spice it up with this shit.

1 Like

It’s business as usual for the organization. Ainge got into an executive position with the front office with zero personnel experience as well. It’s a pretty terrible look to not even interview any POC for a job running a team full of black players, but I’m not allowed to bring up race because it makes white guys from Boston uncomfortable.

Ownership had to shake things up after another mediocre season, and they (rightfully) recognize that firing Stevens wasn’t the move. So they do this bullshit half measure where they promote him to a job he’s not qualified for to save face. Now they’ll probably give Billups or Juwan Hoaward an interview for HC so they can appear woke.

https://twitter.com/jasminelwatkins/status/1401213005656997889?s=21

3 Likes

That 2nd pic. You rarely see Elky with his glasses off.

1 Like

Counterpoint:

5 Likes

Greatest boy band ever!

I think the Bucks not having White Donte is going to be a serious problem against the Nets. Obviously, he’s the most expendable starter, but he’s a very good, versatile perimeter defender, which is going to be needed against Kyrie, Harden, and Harris. He’s also a great rebounder for his position and one of those really active, energy guys.

Plus, now you lose depth. Connaughton or Forbes has to start (maybe Tucker, but I wouldn’t) and they have to get more minutes.

Top of Lillard’s head coaching list is Jason Kidd. Lmao.

yeah the first thought i had was to make a ‘oh no it’s retarded’ dog meme but i’m too lazy

Cross posted: Nets win and under 240. I think the public got used to how good the Nets 3 are. Agree with the Devincizzo(sp?) loss. Anytime you lose a starter it hurts.

Kevin DUHRant

Fun story time. I was eating dinner at Bluebeard in Indy 2 years ago when I noticed Coach Bud was at a table in the corner. We both finished up at about the same time and walked out together. I stopped him and just said “Hey Coach, I hope you had a good dinner and welcome to Indy” he said he enjoyed it here and offered me 4 free tickets to the game the next day. Obviously I went and the seats are 7/10. Seemed like a great guy.

4 Likes

Did you have Harden done for after 1 min?

That wasn’t on my board. I’m more concerned for the under than I am on the Nets win.