Moving the Biden Administration left

People going to the ‘first day’ well need to be dropping estimates of how many days it’s going to take imo.

They weren’t just law enforcement. They were federal paramilitary troops, which normally is a pretty rare thing. Maybe @PocketChads should give Biden a one day honeymoon, but I don’t think more than that is in order. Biden should already know what his forces were doing in Portland.

I’m not sure why you believe you have any special skills at deciphering who isn’t posting in “good faith,” nor have any business throwing that accusation at people when you don’t agree with them.

You did the same shit in the landlord thread.

I didn’t. The accusations could have also been not-intelligent.

To be fair to micro, my posts were certainly sarcasm. (Well justified sarcasm, imo.)

Yeah. Pretty obvious it was the light-trolling and not you being dumb. Obvious to me anyway, but I do have pretty special skillz at determining such things.

eta: except when people are really just joking. I’m not especially good at detecting that. And I don’t know what people are doing with gifs half the time.

Sarcasm isn’t necessarily trolling imo.

“Trolling” gets defined a lot of ways. Sarcasm is definitely not straight up earnest good faith.

Can you find a legit news report confirming federal troops were deployed in Seattle the other night? I cannot find one, and I think it would be big news because I believe last summer the mayor of Seattle said no thank you to federal troops.

PS - that is a good faith request. I searched and can only find reference to federal troops in Portland last summer, and the refusal of federal troops in Seattle around the same time.

I’m from New England. We are born with special sarcasm genes.

Not saying I won’t look, but don’t feel like it now and I doubt I find anything on google you don’t. Not saying everything pocketchads says is always true either, but I believe he thinks he’s right about it being federal cops and I think he’s in a fairly good position to know and judge the sources.

What was a typo?

Seattle vs. Portland

Since you’re a mod, I’d rather you just call someone’s ideas “stupid,” since saying they’re in “bad faith” clearly implies trolling, which is a bannable offense.

I assume that you can see how a mod accusing someone of trolling could certainly put a chill on the free exchange of ideas.

Ok, I had no idea that was a typo so in good faith searched for Seattle. But I also at that same time searched for Portland and can only find news of federal troops related to last July and nothing of federal troops involved the past couple of nights. (Maybe it’s no longer news if they have been deployed all along since July. But then again, it’s pretty easy to confuse cops with paramilitary forces these day since they look exactly the same. We should probably confirm this is true before blaming Biden.)

Sure and sorry. I said all that as just a poster. It hadn’t occurred to me at all to moderate anyone. Also, I predict doing zero bans in my remaining less than a month as mod.

2 Likes

When I said “troops” I was making a political statement/judgement. I believe they were officially federal law enforcement officers. I called them troops because if it waddles and quacks I’m apt to call it a duck.

I’m not fixated on the word “troops” - although dropping “troops” and “paramilitary” from my searches now allow me to find sources that they were feds in Portland. Thanks.

Biden promised to ensure that federal officers would continue to attack peaceful protestors?

@microbet - see above for example of non-trolling light sarcasm in use.

It’s pretty clearly a strawman being used to stifle criticism of Biden.

1 Like