Movies (and occasionally face slaps) (Part 2)

Les GOATs :popcorn:

4 Likes

Arnold seems to be doing the rounds this week. His Conan interview was very entertaining, and I see heā€™s in the Maron feed too.

2 Likes

WTF, no I do not need A24 to make franchise movies

https://x.com/TheDiscFather/status/1712459422273060960?s=20

Michael Myers has a deep, philosophical look at his past murder sprees, sees the young boy who murdered his sister and goes back in time to set things straight by stopping young Michael and taking him out for ice cream. After the clock strikes midnight, adult Michael explodes into a mass of confetti, and the surviving Myers family members do a Bollywood dance number about the day after Halloween which spawns a new franchise called All Saintā€™s Day.

1 Like

Better than Halloween Ends :popcorn:

Well I mean, anything is.

How you sequelize a pretty stellar horror movie like Halloween 2018 like that is baffling ti me.

1 Like

Apparently A24 is branching out into action movies and IP tie-ins, which sucks.

This explains it if you have an hour to spareā€¦

2 Likes

Yeah apparently some private equity firm or something else bought a stake in a24 that made its implicit evaluation super high and so now they are trying to branch out into IP and common movies to try to live up to the evaluation

1 Like

Sigh.

I guess thatā€™s what it means to play with the big boys. Seen similar things happen to boutique publishers that then got acquired and grew so large toward commercial interests that they desaturated the brand that had elevated them so high.

Hopefully this just leads to A24 doing more of the same while also doing ā€œone for themā€ every year to finance bigger features and bigger catches for cast and crew. Like I have no problem if they finance a John Wick Jr comedy as long as they keep handing Ari Aster as much money as he needs.

2 Likes

Iā€™m not sure whether I liked the trailer. Iā€™m certain to tune in the second it drops though. Apparently the first few episodes are being aired at NYFF tonight.

1 Like

Oh shit, she Thinnered his ass

Oops, thought it was a movie. Guess it should go in the TV thread.

Enshittification comes for everying thatā€™s good and pure in this world. This one really stings though.

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/caiden_reed/status/1712403348597694692

https://screenrant.com/prom-pact-movie-background-actors-digital-scans-clip/

4 Likes

Stephen King is such a treasure

1 Like

Watching Cape Fear for the first time, itā€™s a banger if you like Scorsese and his whole vibe. This is essentially a straight retelling of the Dracula story, only with Robert De Niro as the sexually menacing villain with a goofy accent that Nick Nolte finds himself powerless to defend against. And with Joe Don Baker as Van Helsing! --whatever happened to movies with schlubby guys like Joe Don Baker as key supporting characters?

Original Dracula is one of my favorite movies, this is a very faithful adaptation.

1 Like

Watch the original Cape Fear if you havenā€™t seen it

3 Likes

Also watch the Simpsons episode

3 Likes