Movies (and occasionally face slaps) (Part 2)

You’d think Aniston would have used some of that friends money to buy and destroy all copies and maybe off the entire crew.

1. Jurassic Park
  2. Fallen Kingdom
  3. The Lost World
  4. Jurassic World
  5. JPIII
  6. Dominion

J. A. Bayona knocked it out of the park with Fallen Kingdom. Appreciating it much more on a new watch.

1 Like

Fair warning that it’s not a light watch at all, but it bears mentioning since it’s probably the best thing Mads Mikkelsen has ever done…

Watch The Hunt (2013) - Free Movies | Tubi (tubitv.com)

1 Like

Rewatching and reappreciating Videdrome, a move about weird movie perverts, by weird movie perverts, for weird movie perverts. 10/10, I would honestly say give it an honest try even if you’re not into weird arthouse movies. Videodrome just seems to have an uncanny ability to predict and show how technology will intrude into every part of our lives in ways that are intimate and upsetting.

4 Likes

Did you ever see that movie he made about video games where people take something like a Dreamcast controller out of their arms?

Ah you know I think I know what movie you’re talking about, I saw the first twenty minutes and never got back into it, I should revisit.

Funny thing is I don’t particularly like body horror, it grosses me out. But Cronenberg is so great at movies that I have to keep watching them.

2 Likes

For clarity, this is what I was talking about: Existenz - Wikipedia

It’s not his top tier stuff, but worth looking into if you can find it on Tubi or similar

1 Like

Existenz is great.

1 Like

Oh man, for a minute I thought you all were talking about the male enhancement pills.

2 Likes

Existenz is a legitimate masterpiece. One thing I remember is that it was at the theatres at the same time as the Matrix, a film that is thematically very similar but inferior in every way (including special effects imo), and I saw them in the same week.

It rules. I just sold my Blu Ray so I can upgrade to the 4K disc soon. Love Crone bone in Phil K Dick mode. Videodrome, eXistenz, new Crimes of the Future.

1 Like

Fuck Croenberg’s whole insane family. I know the films are objectively good but man they are twisted and I can’t with the body horror!

For some ungodly reason I have seen most of his and his son’s movies. No idea why I’m there about half way through every one of them lol

Panic Room seems to be holding up pretty well

3 Likes

It’s definitely good

2 Likes

It has my favourite pointless “ look how awesome I am at directing” shot of all time.

The coffee cup.

1 Like

Oh yeah, +1 to Cronenberg Jr., the kid’s movies are fantastic.

I like Panic Room quite a lot. It’s so sad that bearer bonds aren’t a thing, they gave us so many great heist movies.

Oh hey also, Please Speak Continuously and Describe Your Experiences as They Come to You is a 9-minute short sci-fi film by Cronenberg Jr. that’s worth checking out.

1 Like

Love Lies Bleeding coming to Max July 19th. Looking forward to that one.

1 Like

One of my favorites. Great directing/camera work and a solid cast led by a magnificent performance from Dwight Yokam.

Yeah The Godfather glorified mob life with honor, respect, never going against the family.

Goodfellas just showed a bunch of psychopaths terrorizing the neighborhoods they controlled and killing people for forgetting a person’s drink.

1 Like