Movies (and occasionally face slaps) (Part 2)

Just the synopsis here is a masterpiece, lol.

2 Likes

Blue Beetle takes a while to get going, but has a strong enough second half to salvage a decent experience. Xolo Mariduena is a good white-meat babyface, and the George Lopez character works pretty well. The Susan Sarandon villain character is one-dimensional and uninteresting; probably more of a material problem than a performance problem. Since James Gunn has indicated that this character will continue on to be a part of the DCU, this was probably good groundwork for that. 6/10.

1 Like

Thank you for your sacrifice

1 Like

Tubi GOAT of all GOATs

https://tubitv.com/movies/100007690?utm_source=justwatch-feed&tracking=justwatch-feed

1 Like

Haha it really isnā€™t bad, the RT score is solid enough to indicate that itā€™s exceeding quality expectations to some extent. It was a Dolby Cinema showing, which has a way of upgrading any half-decent action scene. I probably got as much out of this as I got out of seeing the TMNT movie that most people raved about and that I thought was only decent.

1 Like

Thatā€™s a mid Tubi movie, tbh.

2 Likes

Fair. I just mean itā€™s a part of Tubiā€™s GOAT library. Obv Mexican Batwoman towers above anything Nolan has made.

Escape from NY

Iā€™m not sure if this is a loved/cult movie but it was pretty boring, not a whole lot going on for me. Iā€™m fine with cheesy 80s action movies but this one just didnā€™t execute, it was too slow paced and when we did get action it along with the special effects are terrible. Iā€™m familiar with the Snake Plisken name but the character was a bore. He looks cool but thatā€™s about it. Probably a 5 or 6/10

2 Likes

Che qui parla italiano ITT?

I will accept this rating if you watch the sequel.

Yeah I still plan on watching LA, might not be soon though.

1 Like

I agree the movie is slow, but the world they built and the sound track are awesome.

4 Likes

Yeah that theme is a Carpenter BANGER

1 Like

Kind of awe inspiring imo. Carpenterā€™s music makes it seem easy by doing so much with so little. I love whenever a documentary on one of his movies includes a clip of him talking about composing a theme we now consider iconic.

Miles Teller, Anna Kendrick, and Bryan Cranston lead this all-star comedy about the hilarious attempts of a recent college grad, his girlfriend, and his dad suddenly unemployed and desperate to get a job.

A deliberately offensive (but not deliberately unfunny) comedy starring pretty much everyone youā€™d want to be in such a movie.

Rotten Tomatoes consensus reads:

ā€œInauthentic and unfunny, Get a Job is paltry to the point that its long-delayed release feels purely the result of its wasted cast having been promoted to greater fame all these years later.ā€

Mike Dā€™Angelo of The A.V. Club wrote:

ā€œHonestly, it would probably have been better for almost everyone involved ā€” especially Kidd ā€” had Get A Job been left on the shelf permanently. All it can do now is embarrass some young actors whoā€™ve already moved on to bigger and better things.ā€

Available without ads on several platforms, but also free on Tubi. Catch this one ASAP.

https://tubitv.com/movies/659948/get-a-job?start=true&tracking=google-feed&utm_source=google-feed

I canā€™t say that I saw where this post was headingā€¦

2 Likes

Miles Teller is a good actor but I get such douchebag vibes.

2 Likes

Seems like this thread is coming dangerously close to Anna Kendrick slandering, which is banworthy.

2 Likes

I refer you to the AV Club review:

All it can do now is embarrass some young actors whoā€™ve already moved on to bigger and better things.

My foreshadowing is complete :pray:

Heisenberg slander too