Movies (and occasionally face slaps) (Part 1)

He’s doing some interesting stuff as a producer like Invincible and the new TMNT movie

And that’s great! Like if I see Seth Rogen wrote or produced something I wouldn’t avoid it at all. I’ve just had enough of his face, voice, and schtick.

I watched his show Platonic on Apple TV, it wasn’t bad and I didn’t mind his character.

He’s also an exec producer for The Boys. Def see his brand of humor once you know he’s behind the adaptation.

Now streaming for free on Tubi.

https://tubitv.com/movies/100006143/the-matrix-resurrections

Worth killing an afternoon seeing the newest Mission Impossible sequel?

1 Like

1 Like

MI Fallout now available to stream for free via Roku (free trial for Paramount through Roku lets you double up if you already used up a free trial with Paramount separately).

I think it’s the worst of the franchise, but if you’ve seen the rest you basically know what you’re going to get.

I heard this documentary is exceptionally effective.

Guess what? It’s so good I had to turn it off. The opening sequence is as intense as all of Free Solo.

2 Likes

Only seen the first couple and found them mindlessly entertaining. Which is all I’m really after on this broiling hot, lazy afternoon.

It’ll fit that bill. Even the stuff I found especially silly was fun to mock.

1 Like

Will they let you drink alcohol in the theater?

Is alcohol necessary to enjoy this film?

Alamo Drafthouse ftw

I watched the whole thing and it went a slightly different direction than I was expecting. That being said the underwater diving scenes were insanely intense and scary so I don’t blame you for turning it off. For me it was a 7.5/10.

1 Like

this goes here

3 Likes

TMNT Mutant Mayhem is getting raves that I wish I could join in on. There was a period around nine years old where I was obsessed with TMNT, and I maintain a nostalgic affection for them even though I haven’t kept up with all of the movie attempts over the years.

This one is not bad, but I felt like it spent a decent chunk of time being more miss than hit. A couple of scattered high points, and then - importantly - the final act is really satisfying and did send me away liking it a decent bit better than I was feeling at the midway point.

Can’t say I really love Splinter’s origin story here, such as it is. But it seems to be more consistent with how they’ve done it in more modern iterations of the character.

Anyway, I think I’d give it a 6.5/10.

2 Likes

I was the perfect age for the first two live action movies. They are the standard by which I’ve judged further TMNT movies and found them lacking.

Batman vs TMNT however…

Which looks to be as awesome as Batman vs Spawn.