Movies (and occasionally face slaps) (Part 1)

I made this for you

9 Likes

Lobbying SAG to allow performers to promote movies in general is pretty damn far from scabbing. I was under the impression he requested a waiver so that he, specifically, could promote HIS movie. Even THAT is not scabbing, but it definitely sounds more self-interested. Maybe he did that too, I don’t know. But either way, it’s definitely not a betrayal of the union like working off the card/crossing the picket line.

1 Like

Right I don’t think Cruise is going to do anything that directly breaks lines, but people are plenty angry at standing on a picket line while being surrounded by Tom Cruise/Mission Impossible posters. Def an area where I see why they’re mad even if he technically has done nothing wrong.

Here’s Bob Odenkirk telling me where to stand

https://twitter.com/TheWrap/status/1681757001678995456

Bob Odenkirk told The Wrap “that actors should not be asking for waivers to promote their movies during the SAG-AFTRA strike.”

“Don’t,” the “Better Call Saul” Emmy nominee said succinctly outside Paramount studios on Wednesday. “It’s a strike. Strike. You lose. We lose. Everybody loses. That’s tough s–t.”

24.5 hours to 70mm imax Oppenheimer

2 Likes

Maybe Cruise should work with the studios to figure out ways to financially help theaters stay afloat.

1 Like

Variety shows are still permitted. Time for Cruise to show off those dance moves and donate the proceeds to the Entertainment Community Fund

1 Like

lol then into Kooks on Hunky dory? Bowie Goat

bowie avi

I like the time when Tom Cruise got kidnapped by Conan O’Brien.

1 Like

speakin’ for youoouuu hah

You’re released, but your custody calls

+1 on this one being great, so many memorable images. If you want more from the same guy, Criterion should have Cure (97) which is more of a serial killer thriller, but just like Kairo it does not try to be fun but focuses on creating the creepiest possible atmosphere, quite effectively.

In a different style but also horror, I rewatched The Descent and loved it as much as the first time I saw it decades ago (in fact, since I had a rough memory of where all the jumpscares were, I was less tense, and could just focus on how well-crafted it is). Getting chills just thinking about the final shot (when she wakes up still in the cave and the film ends with a slow zoom out while we can hear the creatures’ screams).
This might be just me being stuck on my early 20s tastes, but this feels like such a perfect movie, I find it hard to understand why this doesn’t have a 10/10 rating on every site.

4 Likes

nice

gonna watch Cure now

1 Like

Dude, watch Pulse (2001) first but make sure it’s the Japanese 2001 version. Hot take, but Pule blows the doors off of Cure.

I saw Decent when it came out and basically liked it, I should rewatch because I hear buzz about it all the time so it must hold up pretty well.

1 Like

The Descent is a great horror movie. The rare all female cast horror movie.

Please be aware there are two versions. The American edition has a SIGNIFICANTLY different ending and is what was used as the jumping off point for the sequel.

The Descent 2 is an almost as good sequel. It reveals some juicy stuff about part 1, including an immediate spoiler for the ending of p1, so don’t read the plot until/unless you’re ready.

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/ecto_fun/status/1682279991629824001?s=20

Lol and IIRC they give him a prosthetic penis in Antichrist because the director said his actual organ was so big it would disrupt the movie

1 Like

Looks like I’ve got another one to put in the queue:

The only 70mm IMAX screen in the city is essentially sold out all weekend, with only a handful of handicapped seats left