Movies (and occasionally face slaps) (Part 1)

Is Robert Pattinson a good actor? An argument in less than two minutes.

Iā€™m grinding through Beverly Hills Cop II right now because it was on and thereā€™s a Rewatchables. Just such a weird light-hearted silly tone for an action movie.

Michael Clayton was significantly better for me on the rewatch versus the original viewing. When I first saw it, I thought it was fine but immediately forgettable. When I watched it again a year or two ago or so, I kind of agreed with everyone saying how great it was.

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/DeclouxJ/status/1680764557730406407?s=20

lmao what

2 Likes

Looks good

Someone notify Paul Rudd

1 Like

Barbie a MUST SEE per Metacritic

1 Like

:vince2:

Letā€™s boycott. Product placement movies are out of control.

Lol looks like someone at Metacritic jumped the gun on posting the reviews, and they are no longer visible on the site

From what I saw of the summary, all were positive except a very low score from anti-woke NY Post

1 Like

I bought Oppenheimer tickets today, was already sold out all weekend at several of the ā€œniceā€ theaters.

1 Like

I was going to say that I was sad that we donā€™t have ArcLight-type theaters on the East Coast, but after doing some more reading it looks like the entire chain went under after Covid. Hopefully those theaters are still being operated by someone else.

Some have been reopened by other chains, some not I think. For Oppenheimer I was looking at the next level up from Arclight (places that serve actual food), like iPic and Alamo Drafthouse. The tickets I got were at Look Cinemas which is kind of a lower-rent iPic/Alamo.

Now that I think about it, most theaters around here are Arclight-level at this point - reserved seats, stadium seating etc.

We have a couple Alamo Drafthouse locations. I havenā€™t tried them out yet because generally I donā€™t have more than popcorn. Although I did eat a crappy pizza at Mission Impossible last week, so may be worth trying in certain circumstances.

Just watched this and enjoyed it as well.

1 Like

This is the way

3 Likes

My god, Roger Corman movies are coming to Criterion Channel, what madness is this.

2 Likes

Dude, watch Michael Clayton.

1 Like