Movies (and occasionally face slaps) (Part 1)

I hate baseball but still love this movie so much.

This makes me so happy. Gerwig is my favourite working director right now.

1 Like

As a himbo, Iā€™m so glad to see Ryan Gosling providing positive representation in the Barbie movie.

https://twitter.com/FilmUpdates/status/1675986290985299968?s=20

1 Like

The One Rule For Making Sequels | The Legacyquel Theorem :grin:

You should only make a legacyquel into a feature film or season of TV if it would be better than a perfectly executed Super Bowl commercial using a franchise IP to sell an unrelated product.

Tertiary exceptions that prove the rule include short films and brief ā€œshort filmā€ scenes in larger movies or TV shows where an IP is referenced but otherwise not an ongoing part of the concept or story.

May it please the court: here are more exhibits than I can count.

Itā€™s my fault for being constantly online, but all the jokes about Barbie and Oppenheimer over the last several weeks/months have made it so the movies just feel like memes to me, to the point where I almost donā€™t want to see the films anymore.

3 Likes

Today was the day dlk9s became too old to die young

Iā€™m kind of interested to see them, but Iā€™m basically certain to be distrustful of the reviews for both since a significant number of people have pre-decided to like them rather than just taking them as they come (this is true of every Nolan movie at this point, of course).

Just read the Wikipedia summaries of the plots of the movies like I do. Itā€™s a much more time efficient way to participate in pop culture.

I donā€™t hate this strategy at all.

Lots of stuff delivers an experience for certain people that you only get when watching the movie, reading the book, etc.

But I canā€™t tell you how much stuff delivers an equal or worse experience for me than if Iā€™d just read the Wikipedia summary.

:vince1:

Watching Friday Night Lights. I knew there was a reason I didnā€™t watch this move until now. Bleh. But at least the Rewatchables should be good.

I throw right but throw a frisbee left what does that mean?

I have no fucking idea why this movie even occurred to someone as a story worth telling beyond routine coverage in the sports section of local papers when it happened. Big program suffers injuries and some other garden-variety adversity but manages to contend anyway? Completely worthless.

The TV show of the same name is great, but the movie is a total throwaway and the fact that it gets praise in many corners is mystifying to me.

Series much better than the movie. Even if billy bob is always great.

Billy Bob Thornton is giving the sleepiest performance Iā€™ve ever seen in a lead actor.

We ainā€™t here to bid on no cakes and pies

Ridley just needs to stop with this shit, itā€™s 2023.

https://twitter.com/partialcarp/status/1678587917239812097?s=20

3 Likes

Soā€¦what did you think?