Movies (and occasionally face slaps) (Part 1)

The moral panic where the dumbest people on earth think millions of white kids are being kidnapped is wild.

1 Like

Joyride is ok. Super odd movie with insane whiplash tone from super raunchy to super sentimental. It’s also the shortest movie I’ve seen in a really long time.

Or how about “Gender Transformation: The Untold Realities” by the Epoch Times. Hard hitting and Im sure entirely factual.

1 Like

It is almost exactly a carbon copy of the 80s moral/satanic/stranger danger panic. Its insane. We’ve seen this before. They are following the exact same playbook.

I guess nobody alive in 2023 has heard the phrase “Those who do not learn history are doomed to repeat it.”

1 Like

Nobody on the right has. For a group of people obsessed with taking us all back to the “good old days” they never know anything at all about history.

1 Like

Yes but if a conservative’s goal is to keep repeating history as often as possible :thinking::thinking::thinking:

1 Like

I’m really enjoying Russell Crowe’s second act as a Nic Cage-style self-aware B-movie actor. The Pope’s Exorcist is on my to-watch list just because look at my guy cruising around in a Lambretta scooter in Rome just living his best life.

2 Likes

Watched and enjoyed Cruella. No surprise that Emma Stone and Emma Thompson are pretty electric every time they get a one-on-one scene together. Also refreshing to see Paul Walter Hauser in a lighter role since I’ve been watching Black Bird on Apple TV+ and he’s been creeping me the fuck out.

Rock Hudson: All That Heaven Allowed

8/10

A documentary about Rock Hudson. For those who don’t know Rock Hudson was one of the main leading men in the 60s to 70s, who was also gay. The documentary starts with his first roles, talks about his leading man status in conjunction with his closeted gay life, his diagnosis with AIDS and his shameful death.

1 Like

Rewatched MI6 this weekend to make sure I’m not missing any plot points going into the new one, didn’t remember how little plot there actually was. (also like half of the dialogue is a Simon Pegg comic relief line). The action scenes are still great though.

And now I’ll be watching multiple times every day the MI5 Alec Baldwin monologue to keep myself hyped :

1 Like

They know enough. Black people used to be slaves. MAGA.

1 Like

1 Like

Ziggy Piggy!

1 Like

Weirdly enough, was also an early Scientologist despite their uncompromising stance against homosexuality.

I’m watching Field of Dreams for the first time. I did not expect the field to be built and Shoeless Joe to show up 15 minutes into the movie. What the hell happens now? (rhetorical of course)

First thing I noticed was Shoeless Joe throwing left and batting right, which almost never happens.

Yeah I would look ridiculous batting left or throwing left.

1 Like

My #1 favorite movie.

Also, I throw left and bat right.

weirdo

1 Like

Rickey Henderson is the only baseball hall of famer who threw left-handed and batted right-handed.

I, like Shoeless Joe, batted lefty and threw righty. Unlike Joe, I didn’t throw the World Series.

I’ll be taking shots at your most beloved legacyquels tomorrow with a new piece coming out through Fanfare :popcorn: