Movies (and occasionally face slaps) (Part 1)

Let’s make a list of movies where the bullies/bad kids/popular asshole kids ride around in convertibles:

1. Karate Kid
  2. Back to the Future
  3. Stand By Me
  4. Lucas
  5. Remember the Titans

Not sure what that first pic is.

The key is that there’s always a scene where the kid who’s in the popular jerk crowd, but is deciding he wants to hang out with our hero(es) instead, has to decide whether to drive off with the “cool” kids in the convertible or not.

1 Like

The fact that you identified Lucas but not The Goonies is completely shocking to me. I understand not recognizing either one, but Goonies is like 50x more popular than Lucas, right?

1 Like

In my mind goonies is the truffle shuffle kid and they’re always underground.

How could you forget two classics like…

Cant Buy Me Love

and

2 Likes

Imo the film that every other convertible appearance is paying homage to is Grease.

giphy

wrong convertible, tho

1 Like

Fair but I didn’t want to post the whole movie

https://nerdist.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/giphy-10.gif

Lol did they have equal complaints about Adam Sandler’s character? The dude is just as sick as his wife. It’s a family of addicts and codependent people finding a brief moment where it’s possible to disrupt the cycle and begin to heal.

Idk I’d no sooner point a finger at characters in Shameless. They’re all terrible. It says more about the person watching whether they find certain characters to be more vs less relatable.

1 Like

Now I want Framed: Convertible Edition

Let’s make a list of movies where the bullies/bad kids/popular asshole kids ride around in convertibles:

3 Likes

of recent vintage

1 Like

9 Likes

ldo

FerrisBuellersDayOff

1 Like

I feel like some of you are missing the point of the bullies/evil popular kids driving around in a convertible exercise.

2 Likes

Well, I just checked and confirmed: Melvin Udall was indeed a bully driving around in a convertible. Good times, noodle salad.

Is the point promoting the new Barbie movie?

3 Likes

1 Like

1 Like