Movies (and occasionally face slaps) (Part 1)

wat

I started watching it lol

Like with social media today, and with AI in the future, and oil in the past

The church scenes make me way more uncomfortable than any other part of the movie.

1 Like

Elaborate

Eli and that church were just creepy as hell.

That movie was awesome. Definitely the second PTA movie Iā€™ve really enjoyed. Lots of twists. I guess I have to give Punch Drunk Love a try now.

I think what bugged me about Magnolia was there were no stakes. I truly did not care about the quiz show kid and him pissing his pants, nor did I care about the black kid and whatever he was doing. Tom Cruise was incredible though.

2 Likes

I need something lighter for movie #2. Going in for Parenthood.

Geez Grandma you got short.

Iā€™m shrinking.

Bummer!

1 Like

A good movie but itā€™s more of a quirky character story compared to There Will Be Blood which is more epic. PDLā€™s strength is also itā€™s weakness - the ā€œholy shit this is a good performance by Adam Sandler of all peopleā€ is a strength, but on the other hand all through the movie you are thinking ā€œI canā€™t believe this is Adam Sandler!ā€

1 Like

Thatā€™s fair.

I wouldnā€™t say at all that if you love TWBB, youā€™ll probably enjoy PDL.

Iā€™m kinda worried suzzer will say it was pointless lol.

But the opening scene will probs hook him. The soundtrack does a lot to give the movie a relentless energy and pacing.

I made a movie!

1 Like

I am too now. I need things happening. Iā€™m not much of a character study guy.

For reference I did my top 10 movies last night for fun (not sure about order after the first two though):

1. Alien
  2. Boogie Nights
  3. Office Space
  4. Talented Mr. Ripley
  5. Swingers
  6. True Romance
  7. Chronicles of Riddick
  8. Boyz n the Hood
  9. Bridesmaids
  10. Broadcast News
2 Likes

That is an impressively eclectic list.

Weirdly, the twins thing apparently wasnā€™t even a plan, and PTA just audibled into ā€œmeh, letā€™s just have Paul Dano play both roles.ā€ I love TWBB, but itā€™s the only PTA Iā€™ve enjoyed of what Iā€™ve seen. Admittedly havenā€™t seen Boogie Nights.

4 Likes

Holy shit LKJ is here.

2 Likes

:vince:

2 Likes

Wow see boogie nights. Itā€™s his best movie.

1 Like

1 Like

Yeah I plan to. One day. Granted that itā€™s part of a long list of vague meaning-to-watch types, but itā€™s on the list. Magnolia and Punch Drunk Love werenā€™t my thing, so I was surprised that TWBB hit so well.

I was looking for this the other day but my google fu has gotten rusty. I also cant find blueboyaids.