Movies (and occasionally face slaps) (Part 1)

Yeah, NCFOM not really that good imho

just go with the flow

1 Like

When do they start drinking milkshakes?

Enjoying it so far. Not confused at all.

2 Likes

Iā€™ll wait until youā€™re done!

Family and I watched The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly for the first time today.

Its fantastic, but I think Eastwood gets way too much credit and the guy who plays Tuco gets way too little. Its Tucoā€™s story through and through and that role is knocked out of the park.

It was way funnier than I ever expected as well. You always hear of it as this serious dramatic Western, but I would venture to put it into the comedy category. Some parts are downright hillarious.

As a big fan of the Quick and the Dead, it was really nice to see where a lot of Raimiā€™s influences for the movie came from. He does a great job of taking a big chunk of Leoneā€™s style and making it his own

2 Likes

Oh also, the Ennio Morricone score is fucking fire and might be my favorite score of all time

2 Likes

Canā€™t wait for you to finish TWBB!!! Glad you went with this one.

I never thought of GB&L as very serious. The intro, and the music itself tells you thereā€™s going to be some camp. Fun movie. One of my favorites.

I remember watching that as a kid with my stepdad and just being freaked out by the wandering in the desert scenes. And I learned if I ever get lost in the desert until Iā€™m near death, donā€™t drink too much too soon or Iā€™ll get sick. Important survival tip.

Also why does Blondie have to be a douche and take Tucoā€™s cut on their last job together? Just give him his half and part ways.

The three way standoff at the end was awesome. I had to pause and think about all the strategy going on in their heads.

Iā€™m still not confused! The score is the only thing Iā€™m not nuts about. Why does it have to be so jarring all the time.

Eli is a fucking creep. Scary thing is some of my family members go to churches that arenā€™t too far off from that.

1 Like

OK you simply must see For a Few Dollars More.

The well is gonna fall and kill the kid isnā€™t it? Ok I guess not. Good that would have hurt.

Ok Iā€™m confused for the first time. Why did the explosion kill the oil gusher? I thought it would just put out the fire?

I donā€™t think you will be confused. Itā€™s just emotionally exhausting by the end. But in a weirdly satisfying way. Youā€™ll get it lol.

1 Like

Or maybe it was some kind of natural gas venting?

1 Like

Ok confused again. Why is Eli sometimes Paul and sometimes Eli? I hate names. I never remember them for more than a few seconds. Ah ok - twins.

1 Like

A moody, eccentric mofo that was able to - in the Limbaugh sense of the word - achieve. But he mocked God, and the corruption for this sin was without remedy.

1 Like

Theyā€™re twins iirc

1 Like

Yeah, im absolutely going to watch the rest of the trilogy after seeing this

lol Iā€™m ebert, whoā€™s gene siskel?

The indiscipline of human endeavor.