Movies (and occasionally face slaps) (Part 1)

Boogie Nights is a great movie, but itā€™s not even Paul Thomas Andersonā€™s best movie (that is There Will Be Blood, followed by Punch Drunk Love).

Imo

1 Like

In case you missed it

1 Like

I think Boogie Nights is the only PTA movie I really liked, and itā€™s my second favorite movie of all (behind Alien). I hated Magnolia and it kind of scared me off of him. Actually now that I think about it I think Magnolia may be the only other PTA movie Iā€™ve seen.

Should I watch TWBB tonight instead of Departed?

1 Like

I think one of the main problems with most superhero and a lot of action movies is the third act face off with the villain. For comic book movies of late, this is often a crutch with a ton of CGI/green screen. A movie like Shang Chi is quite good until this part.

I totally get getting taken out by ā€œwill the heroes hand lasers beat the villains hand lasersā€ while it all looks like crap.

1 Like

Thatā€™s tough.

I think you really gotta be in the mood for TWBB. Not really comparable to the experience of any other PTA movie. Itā€™s a great double feature with No Country For Old Men.

1 Like

burt

1 Like

Yeah, Iā€™d recommend the movie but you need to have time and also time to process it after.

1 Like

Lol Iā€™m actually trying to come up with a list of people who ROCKED the mustache and thatā€™s a good addition

1 Like

La Brocha

This is a common sentiment for anyone actually interested in a movie.

A good way to unwind is get high and/or drunk prior.

1 Like

OK party people, what are your summer jam recommendations for 2023? I mean the theme here is hot summertime movies, I will start it off with 12 Angry Men: steamy erotic suspense thriller with Hollywoodā€™s hottest stars like Henry Fonda and Jack Klugman and introducing Americaā€™s lovable sex scamp, John Fiedler (of Kingdom Hearts fame). It is basically like Real World: passions flare as 12 hotties are forced to live together and scream and yell at each other. Also, an anti-racist masterpiece that feels decades ahead of its time. It has the aesthetics of a movie-length Twilight Zone episode, which is basically the best thing Iā€™ve ever said about a movie.

1 Like

neil real world london

2 Likes

Feather bust

3 Likes

2 Likes

Too late, I just started TWBB. Am I going to be confused the whole time like NCFOM?

1 Like

Light a cigar. Donā€™t smoke it.

A good way to unwind is get high and/or drunk prior.

Way ahead of you.

I listened to the Rewatchables for NCFOM to see if they understood it better than I did. At least a half-dozen times they were like, ā€œAnd then this thing happened that you didnā€™t expect, and it didnā€™t really make sense. But thatā€™s what real life is like!ā€

Seems like you can add ā€œBut thatā€™s lifeā€ to anything weird that happens in a movie that you donā€™t expect or understand.