Movies (and occasionally face slaps) (Part 1)

We need Clovis’ opinion

This week I’m seeing the national tour of To Kil. a Mockingbird in Columbus. In an absolutely sick bit of karma, I just found out that Atticus Finch is apparently played by Richard Thomas.

1 Like

He’s not a bad actor overall. He had a long TV career as an ok character actor. He was good on The Americans for example.

1 Like

I did leave myself an out by saying he could have been miscast. Fingers crossed.

2 Likes

Is he the one that played adult Bill? I could never quite get past his ponytail

2 Likes

Perfect opportunity to corner him after the show and see which explanation he thinks makes the most sense

That’s the one, and I’ll be very pleased if there’s no ponytail this week.

Well now I have to see Atticus Finch with a ponytail

Watched “Still” on Apple TV. Its tremendous, a great way to do an autobiographical documentary, with a mix of talking heads, narration, and movie clips weaved together to tell the story of Michael J Fox’s life. The clips from Spin City where they focus on his movements prior to him going public with his diagnosis are fascinating.

He seems to be a man incapable of slowing himself down, both mentally and physically, and I will be shocked if he doesnt eventually die from trauma caused by a fall. He still walks like hes a 25 year old without parkinsons when he is a 62 year old with 30+ years of progressive degeneration.

Anyway, great doc. Highly recommended.

1 Like

On my way to see it in 30 min.

1 Like

I wanna see it. I read his autobiography Lucky Man way back in 2002. Looks like he’s still as busy as ever!

Spiderverse is

A) the most creative film I’ve ever seen

B) one of the most aesthetically beautiful films ever

C) a dissertation on why all live action super hero movies are garbage.

Grade: A+

I don’t see how any kid under like 12 will have any idea what is going on.

1 Like

You never read comics as a kid?

I did. Have you see it? The plot is very complex.

I’m going to watch at least one of these movies tonight so I can listen to the Rewatchables on it. Which one should I pick?

1. Escape from NY
  2. Talented Mr. Ripley
  3. Goodfellas
  4. Victory
  5. The Player
  6. True Romance
  7. Proof of Life
  8. The Shining
  9. Heat
  10. The Departed (only movie on the list I’ve never seen in its entirety)
1 Like

go with departed then obv

3 Likes

This was good. Very entertaining

Only complaint: too short.

1 Like

One of my favorite movies. So is True Romance.

Have to do the movie you haven’t seen.