Movies (and occasionally face slaps) (Part 1)

I’m watching The Rock for the first time in 20 years. Good movie so far. But why not just give them the $100M ffs? That’s like 1/10th of a stealth bomber. But no, instead we must attack from various vectors and risk millions of people dying.

1 Like

You negotiate with one terrorist…

Fan concepts and visuals for the sequel

https://twitter.com/hollywoodhandle/status/1664460570891001856

Yeah these guys aren’t your run of the mill terrorists. If they have the power to take out a city, I think you negotiate, and then send death squads out to pick them off on whatever beach they’re hanging out on.

1 Like

When you can afford to send Sean Connery instead???

Leslie, a West Texas single mother, struggles to provide for her son when she wins the lottery and a chance at a good life. But a few short years later the money is gone and Leslie is on her own living hard, she is forced to make a difficult choice.

Was already planning to watch this and now see it is #6 in the Netflix top ten. Lol daily top ten lists but that seems promising!

#6 in the US for a film that made like $40k at the box office… looks like the Andrea Riseborough Oscar nomination shenanigans have a long payoff

1 Like

I didn’t know that!

Reading.

1 Like

Watching Fast and Furious. The gritty LA scenes are cool. But I struggle to believe that badass Mexican gangster-types and 30 year old white dudes were ever into those kinds of cars. I know they were popular with kids, largely Asian. I can buy squirrely-looking Ja-Rule for sure. Maybe I missed the phase where everyone was into it.

Although I guess this guy thinks different.

2 Likes

Whenever you feel your vigor for a once worthy franchise waning, you can always return to the most trusted source in movie trash talk to find out if it’s time to divest (or re-invest).

Michelle Rodriguez’s character casting call for F&F: “Here’s some grease, wipe this on your face and shirt. Now, you’re incredibly pissed off and horny at the same time. Ok go!”

Also - stealing DVRs apparently supports a team of 3-5 with $50k-$100k cars.

It was the perfect crime. Except if the trucker has a shotgun, then it all falls apart.

And I feel like truckers wouldn’t be willing to risk their lives for their cargo like that in the real world.

1 Like

Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse

One day, we are all going to die. The people who made this movie do not have to fear death, do not have to wonder if their lives meant something. That someone can create something like this is beyond my capacity to comprehend and makes me want to cry.

Into the Spider-Verse was 100/100, a perfect movie. Across the Spider-Verse was better.

2 Likes

Another note about Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse (spoilered because it involves a cameo - not a massive spoiler, but still, don’t read it if you want to go in completely unaware, which I recommend):

DONALD GLOVER’S APPEARANCE MEANS I AM CONNECTED TO THE SPIDER-VERSE

2 Likes

Makes me 1 million times more curious to see their cut of Solo: a Star Wars movie.

IIRC the movie was basically finished when Ron Howard was brought in to reshoot most of the movie and turn it into something a lot more controlled.

My god. Imagine a Star Wars movie like Across the Spider verse.

Amazing documentary.

Made me want to watch all of her shows again.

Her reaction when the guy interviewing her begins to mansplain the experience of being a woman LMAOOOOOOOO

1 Like

YES

His version of an Unbreakable trilogy was also better than the actual

The fallout (2021).

Stars Jenna Ortega and documents the fallout from a school shooting.

This is the best movie I have seen in years. A total masterpiece. It has no faults.

Grade: A+

He’d kill us if he got the chance.

Across the Spider-verse easily the best Marvel movie