Movies (and occasionally face slaps) (Part 1)

Marvel uses ILM for their movies, they do so many blockbusters.

Last two years ILM has done:
The Batman
The Bubble
Doctor Strange MOM
Jurassic World
Thor
The Gray Man
Black Panther
The Fablemans
Babylon
The Pale Blue Eye
Ant Man
Dungeons and Dragons
Renfield
Guardians
Fast X

Some of those look great!

3 Likes

Ha! We used to do riffs on this in middle school and high school. We’d be out on a Friday night just the guys and someone would ask the guys to huddle up and whisper that some girl in school was cute and inevitably someone would stand up in the booth and say in a loud voice, "Hi everyone Jeremy thinks Amy’s cute. Hey everyone just so you know Jeremy thinks Amy’s cute and then sit down and say “see no one cares.” just to rib him.

1 Like

Biden gets my vote if he does this during the next presser

Ok, my internet activity is definitely being tracked across apps. Twitter ad:

2 Likes

Don’t worry those cookies are 100% anonymous

1 Like

don’t forget The Platform! which actually kind of reminded me weirdly of The Menu

Big Night is also great though for real like Jim said

Also this is one of my all time Disney faves believe it or not if you haven’t seen

1 Like

and lo and behold someone says some shit to someone or another in the China thread

1 Like

Did you mention Big Night before? I am a big Tucci fan so want to see it at least for him.

Ratatouille was top tier, but it’s hard to compete with the remake Raccacoonie

I regret to inform you two big but not so good releases are now available for streaming.

A Thousand Years of Longing (Prime)
Shazam and the Fury of the Gods (Max)

Outland (1981)

OMFG I can’t believe I’d never heard of this movie before. It’s like if Season 2 of The Wire was set in the universe of Alien and it starred Sean Connery. This movie rules, why is no one talking about how incredible it is.

1 Like

Jim did but I was seconding him.

1 Like

lol lmao :+1:

thread:

https://twitter.com/TheSpaceshipper/status/1660559427856891906?s=20

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/TheSpaceshipper/status/1660567239932760068

Nice thanks for linking the thread

1 Like

Kramer vs. Kramer

1 Like

wait is this a thing

Blade Runner

3 Likes

I have no idea what’s going on with this movie and I’ve very curious to know what the production was like. It looks for all the world like it was very deliberately intended to be set in the Alien universe but there’s no explicit reference to that franchise anywhere.

1 Like

LOL Rotten Tomatoes, right?

We can assume this means Indy 5 is the best movie since Top Gun 2?