Movies (and occasionally face slaps) (Part 1)

3.5 hours? C’mon Martin, either make a movie or make a mini-series, knock it off with this nonsense.

1 Like

Damn, it’s going to be good

Movie length is irrelevant imo as long as it’s earned.

Love this one and felt so silly for taking years to give it a shot.

Can you think of some others where the story is focused on a single character and anyone else is almost or entirely off screen for most or all of the movie?

This thrilla from Brazilla looks disturbing :astonished:

All this and you don’t mention Dwight Yoakam absolutely stealing the show?

1 Like

Don’t bring any weed, that’s for sure

Oh I had to go deep in the tank for this one but the answer is Twilight Zone, S5S5 The Last Night of a Jockey.and also S2E15 The Invaders. Both are absolute must-see masterpieces of TV.

It’s crazy how experimental that show was able to go. Back when there were only three channels, Rod Serling was showing people a one-man, one-act play with a sweaty Mickey Rooney yelling at himself for a half an hour.

2 Likes

That’s a deep cut for sure omg

Oxygen

1 Like

Does Gravity count?

3 Likes

My first thought.

1 Like

Gravity on the big screen in 3D>>>>>>>>>>>>Gravity on your TV.

2 Likes

I’m a massive TZ nerd, seen literally every single episode. The Invaders is about as good as the show gets and it’s just one woman in a cabin with almost zero dialogue. How did Rod Serling get the networks to put this on the air in the 1950s, the dude was a king, like the David Lynch of his era.

Mario movie is a bop. Visuals are lush and amazing, animation looks great, hits all the right notes for a Mario movie. 1000% all in for the Nintendo Cinematic Universe, Metroid movie here we GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

2 Likes

Do the IPs beyond Zelda/Mario have real juice?

Like I don’t know if people would see a Zelda movie, but the new game will sell 30+ million copies again.

https://twitter.com/cgwinn64/status/1659272233997541385?t=FMzkkZAYFEdBcrtyCsKXMQ&s=19

3 Likes

Can’t think of any, but they’d be crazy not to try to recreate the success they had with the Mario movie.

Inside was disappointing, but Gary Oldman is looking good. Hope we see him in a few more leading roles.

1 Like

What did you not like about it??

In a 2008 IMAX screening of the Dark Knight, Christopher Nolan stuck around in a Q&A and described watching Gary Oldman try to restrain himself for the role of Commissioner Gordon.

He had to be very restricted and subtle in “Batman Begins” and he enjoyed that challenge but at times it was like watching a Ferrari in traffic.

1 Like