Movies (and occasionally face slaps) (Part 1)

Sorry but the CW crossover is the only version of this duo I care about

2 Likes

Zero chance I ever see this. :grinning:

The star seems like a real scumbag too. Abusing woman, open racism etc.

Not that it excuses his behaviour but it sounds as though he may be profoundly mentally ill.

2 Likes

The musical crossover is my fave.

I’ll watch anything with Keaton.

I just rewatched The Other Guys last night and I forgot the closing credits is set to the RATM cover of Maggie’s Farm and just goes hard at the bank bailouts. And this was a big budget studio comedy!

1 Like

New Scream is now streaming on Paramount+

I missed this in theaters but just watched the first fifteen minutes and goddamn this looks excellent. Will finish later with dinner.

I had to stop about an hour in to get something else done. Will likely finish tonight. Pretty great whodunnit so far, with a much higher level of brutality. I believe the reveal will surprise me.

1 Like

IT’S SO GOOD!

I would rank the Scream movies:

1>5>6>4>2>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>3

My son and I just watched the first Scream a week or two ago. He liked it and I thought it held up extremely well. How many (if any) of the sequels do we need to watch in order for the new one to make sense/be enjoyable?

1 Like

Saw Scream for the first time a year or so ago and it just didn’t do much for me.

1 Like

I forgot to post that my s/o and I caught this old gem last weekend that neither of us had ever seen before

Television made him famous, but his biggest hits happened off-screen. This is the story of a legendary showman’s double life - television producer by day, C.I.A. assassin by night. At the height of his television career, Chuck Barris (Sam Rockwell) was recruited by the C.I.A. and trained to become a covert operative. Or so Barris claimed.

It’s debatable as to whether or not it’s a “true” story, but it’s based in large part on Barris’ autobiography, where he (quite convincingly, imho) claimed to have been a secret black ops agent for the CIA. Sam Rockwell plays Barris and I think it’s some of his best work. George Clooney directs. It also features interviews with real-life people who knew him and worked with/for him such as Dick Clark and others. Fantastic flick, definitely check it out if you have not seen it. It’s on Amazon Prime Video.

2 Likes

I’d say you can jump right into the new one. It functions as a good lega-sequel. It’s a mostly new cast. References old characters, but I don’t think anything is confusing.

But if you want to watch fewer than all six, I think the best trilogy imo is

1->5->6

I second this. 4 helps with some characters in 6, but otherwise isnt needed

1 Like

This is one of my all-time favorites

2 Likes

Anything good on Shudder right now?

1 Like

Speak No Evil

Seen it. Brilliant movie!

1 Like

I thought I remembered you’d seen it.

How about Clovehitch Killer?

https://tubitv.com/movies/676663?utm_source=justwatch-feed&tracking=justwatch-feed

1 Like

I loved that one as well but I got a little bugged at the end because the main guy’s behavior seemed completely unrealistic. Like try something. Anything.

Tigers Are Not Afraid

Fantastic movie, Shudder exclusives continue to whip. This is a Mexican horror/fairytale very much in the style of Pan’s Labyrinth. Hot Take: it’s better than Pan’s Labyrinth. Fair warning: it’s a pretty intense movie.

Also on Shudder: Tourist Trap, a dumb horny teen slasher from 1979. Hits every slasher movie cliche there is, it’s wonderful trash.

1 Like