Movies (and occasionally face slaps) (Part 1)

Caught this for free on Tubi last week. Hadn’t seen.

Stone cold banger. It really is a perfect film.

Some moments demanded vocal engagement. These assholes were on another level.

Was so hyped after viewing I immediately watched the remix. Definitely not the same level of film as the original but still a joy to see that gamut of acting ability on display.

3 Likes

Tubi is such an algorithm-driven platform that if you keep track of new additions to their catalog, you will find some real gems and some real wait wtf?

I promise you’ll soon see or can already find a variation on 12 Angry Men in title, concept, and/or mirrored thumbnail.

My LOLLLLLLLLL find yesterday was Batwoman 68.

I don’t think it’s at all possible that the recently shelved Batgirl 22 is worse than this actually released and streaming movie.

https://tubitv.com/movies/654144/batwoman

Batwoman was directed by René Cardona, who’s got quite a Tubi catalog.

3 Likes

MST3k did a recent episode featuring the Mexican Batwoman movie, it’s A+. As I recall she does fight scenes in heels, it’s nuts.

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/FilmUpdates/status/1640714562004750342?s=20
:vince:

8 Likes

Re-watching Drug War on Tubi as one does and I’ll be damned but that Mission Impossible scene in Dubai where Tom Cruise has to play out both sides of a deal was 1000% lifted from this movie. Johnnie To is badly underrated. My man is on the Wayne Gretzky school of film making, fire off 70 movies and some of them are bound to be masterpieces.

They’re not on the level of Election, but Drug War and Fulltime Killer are S-tier crime procedurals.

1 Like

I can only assume the wardrobe person won an oscar for somehow keeping her tits in that outfit during fight scenes. Holy shit

2 Likes

This is next on my watch list.

Just discovered this 70s exploitation gem “Fear Is The Key.” Free on daily motion. Not sure how I’ve never heard of this but highly recommend.

Not only do you get Barry Newman in a car chase scene but also a young Ben Kingsley.

You know what, I’ve been watching Drug War tonight and I’m upgrading my rating from it being merely an S-tier crime procedural to it being a legit masterpiece.

Every Johnnie To movie basically boils down to two straight dudes with a passionate Platonic love for each other but also one has to kill the other. Its the stuff of pure Shakespearean drama. It’s like Pacino and DeNeiro in Heat.

1 Like

They don’t call it Acting tape for nothing

1 Like

NFW my hero

This is correct. CGI action has ruined film.

That has to be one of the most stacked cast lists in film history.

The order of that listing makes zero sense.

Its clearly ordered from sexiest to least sexy.

1 Like

Counterpoint

5 Likes

He’s no Jason Schwartzman.

1 Like

This looks both awesome and like Wes Anderson is doing a Wes Anderson parody.

Also, you have to have both Schwartzman and Johansson at either the top or bottom of that list because it would look aesthetically odd if they were in the middle or split up.

1 Like

I loved Wes Anderson for a long time but his last couple have fell flat for me. He is leaning in too hard to his “thing”

1 Like