Movies (and occasionally face slaps) (Part 1)

I hope you survived because I died about a dozen times from laughter.

Bad Trip Is The Official Internet Challenge Of 2023

1 Like

This franchise rules

https://twitter.com/strangeharbors/status/1638651423540887553?s=46&t=6KwCLZ-MgqFodL6jxLj6Nw

7 Likes

ITS THE POOPING GUY FROM WAY BACK IN MI:1!

1 Like

Rewatched ā€œspeedā€ for the first time since the 90s and can confirm we donā€™t get this kind of movies anymoreā€¦today this would last 30 more mins just to explain the trauma that got Dennis Hopper so mad (seriously it is actually refreshing to see an action movie with zero psychologising, and this also avoids putting too much light on how little the plot makes sense lol )

Also going back to these after decades of movie/tv watching means that any random character with more than one line will be familiar (Mulholland drive nightmare guyā€¦Olivia popeā€™s fatherā€¦west wing speechwriterā€¦Connor Roy!) which is fun but a little distracting

3 Likes

Rewatched John Wick one and it holds up. So good.

2 Likes

I thought he was working a radar station in Alaska

John Wick and Bourne are similar to me in that both have a signature fighting style. They generally stay consistent within themselves.

I read a tweet about this just the other day, but that seeing that first fight scene in Wickā€™s house was such a wild experience. You have no idea what to expect from this movie and suddenly youā€™re thrown into one of the most balls-out, well-shot, baroquely-choreographed action scenes youā€™ll ever see outside of Hong Kong cinema.

What if this is his big revenge moment? Maybe this time heā€™s the one who gives Tom Cruise uncontrollable diarrhea? I canā€™t wait for this movie!

2 Likes

Iā€™m slightly bothered by the chorography in the Wick movies, namely often there are men with guns, who instead of shooting him, run directly at him. I know itā€™s not supposed to look realistic, but stuff like that kind of throws me.

1 Like

Wait until you pay attention to the gun discharge effects. Makes the movies literally unwatchable.

1 Like

Lol those guys did a couple of other fun John Wick vidyas

Hereā€™s the Grindhouse edition with LMAO blood and guts

Hereā€™s their remake with nerf guns

Hereā€™s their John Wick crossover with Game of Thrones

One time they ran into Keanu at the gas station and he stopped a robbery hee hee j/k thatā€™s CGI too

The cop showing up at the end is a nice touch. Lot of world building in that little interaction, even though the dialogue is completely ordinary.

1 Like

Dungeons & Dragons (2000) not good

Iā€™m doubtful and will listen to their review. They sometimes shit on stuff I thought was great. And this D&D was done by the same duo who directed Game Night.

No, thatā€™s not Eleven from Stranger Things. Thatā€™s John Francis Daily. He played Sam on Freaks and Geeks before moving on to write Spider-Man: Homecoming, and then to direct Game Night, one of the BEST comedies in decades.

Now he and his directing partner Jonathan Goldstein have made a Dungeons and Dragons movie.

I need to believeā€¦!!!

Damn I really hit POST before I saw they were talking about the Thora Birch one from twenty years ago lol apologies

Itā€™s cool cuz I learned the guy from Waiting wrote Homecoming and directed Game Night

1 Like

Omfg youā€™re right that is him in Waiting lmaooooooooooo

1 Like

Given that some of the main actors are in the 3rd film, have you seen both The Raid/The Raid 2?

John Wick is one of those once every fifty years movies that makes every aging actor think hey maybe Iā€™ll make an action movie until it doesnā€™t work for anyone else for about fifty years until

Neo watched John Wick and was like hmmm maybe a Matrix sequel could work