Movies (and occasionally face slaps) (Part 1)

Hah I had the same line of thought

A clue is that the actor is not actually blond.

I knew who it was, but I was confused because I mistakenly thought he was in Goldfinger.

This is crazy. Not only could I not guess, now that I look at the picture knowing who it is, I can still only barely see it.

how does one sing a lyric-less version?

1 Like

Ya I almost went temporarily insane for a few minutes trying to figure out what a wordless vocal song was before googling it.

It’s like when you’re listening to the radio and you don’t know the lyrics so you just yell “La La la bada ba ba ba” for the chorus, I guess.

Ready to watch Cocaine Bear

The OG Cocaine Bear in the lobby. He goes by the name Pablo Escobear

Can I interest you in some Cocaine Bear merch? Perhaps a snow globe, or some socks?

5 Likes

Wife and I watched Footloose for the first time today.

Unequivocally bad movie. Editing is awful, the plot is shit and jumps around. The characters are either boring or so poorly handled that I hated every one of them except for Bacon’s friend and SJP. Nothing makes sense. Characters appear in random locations without explanation or reason. The female love interest is one of the worst characters Ive ever seen put to screen.

How is this an 80s classic? Is it there solely on the strength of its soundtrack and ridiculous dance numbers with obvious cuts between real bacon and fake bacon? (I called the dance double Turkey Bacon.)

1/5.

2 Likes

Ban

1 Like

I’m going to miss it but our local high school is doing the footloose musical. According to the kids that volunteer with my wife, it’s a complete disaster. My wife will give me a review. The same kids did an awesome job with Mama Mia last year.

I haven’t watched the movie in a long time. My recollection is pretty close to Matt’s—though I liked Laurie Springer at the time-(? The girlfriend?).

I think I was 19 when it came out. So prime age.

I watched Weird Science last night. At least 50 lines in that movie are the soundtrack to my high school days. You’re stewed buttwad!

The entire scene in the blues bar was inspired. Anthony Michael Hall was a genius actor back then. He steals so many scenes. The kid that played Wyatt not so much.

3 Likes

He don’t even have his license, Lisa!

1 Like

On the telephone?!!?

2 Likes

Oh man.

Bill Paxton kills it as Chet.

Kelly Lebrock/Lisa was briefly married to Steven Segal and co starred with him in Hard to Kill.

Pleeeeeeeeease check out the TV series. I liked it even more than the movie.

Lisa being their magic genie makes every episode like a fun version of Black Mirror or Twilight Zone, or heck call it a live action Rick & Morty. What fucked up bizarro alteration in reality will Wyatt and Gary need to fix this time???

My dad took me to that movie when I was 5. I don’t think I understood what was going on.

Had not heard of him (I mean I never knew actor’s name). Only thing I’ve seen with him in it that I can remember is The Sting . Yes, I have not seen Jaws

Cocaine Bear Review

Premise: A bear does cocaine

Review: A bear does cocaine

Rating: Cocaine Bear/10

Recommendation: You should know from my review if you would like it or not

Prediction: Will sweep the Oscars. Cocaine Bear wins the Nobel Peace Prize

Game: Cocaine Bear: The Rise of Pablo Escobear | Game | Cocaine Bear (2023) | Get In Line WATCH AT HOME NOW

6 Likes

dude

1 Like

Don’t know if this is a good score or not. Wife and I planning on seeing this tomorrow.