Movies (and occasionally face slaps) (Part 1)

Sensoramic

I think it’s widely recognized isn’t it?

Or maybe I’ll old.

I went to see all of the Oscar nominated live action short films today.

I’d give my vote to the Greenlandic offering Ivalu, but I’d honestly be okay with anything other than The Pupils winning.

Had a good time. Might go watch the animated shorts tomorrow.

You People was pretty funny. The ending was a bit too pat, but get Jonah Hill in more rom coms and get Eddie Murphie in more stern father figure roles

2 Likes

Watching Red Dawn (1984). Holy shit I didn’t realize at the time what a propaganda film this was. Nicaragua and Cuba at 500k troop strength guys, invading the US.

Totally believable! Nothing perpetually cynical Nicaraguans and Cubans would love more than to go die invading the US.

And the invaders immediately know to go to the sporting goods store and find the forms (4473) forms of people with registered guns, then throw all of them in concentration camps - JUST LIKE RUSH LIMBAUGH WARNED US. It all starts with gun registration. FREEDOM!!!

1 Like

red-dawn-wolverines

1 Like

Having said all that, the idea that the movie is ridiculous because - lol like there would be a tank war in the nuclear age - has been kind of blown out of the water.

Put Patrick Swayze, Charlie Sheen, C. Thomas Howell, Lea Thompson and Jennifer Grey in Ukraine in 2022, and the movie is probably tame.

But how are they constantly armed with the best weapons and endless ammunition? If that was explained I missed it.

First PG-13 movie ever btw #trivia

1 Like

They are Real Americans.

2 Likes

Revenge is a dish best served with a rocket propelled grenade.

The remake was indeed Not Good

Apparently the prosecution used some sentence enhancement law that was enacted after the event and cannot be applied. Ooops.

Priscilla Pages best movies of 2022

Smile is streaming now on Prime!!! A sleeper hit that did as much to bring people back to the theaters as Top Gun: Maverick. People get going to see Smile and getting the shit scared out of them and they told their friends you’ve got to see this.

So… You’ve got to see this :upside_down_face:

I was disappointed with Smile, tbqh

1 Like

Watched The Martian again last night. It’s an actual masterpiece. I’m not exaggerating.

2 Likes

I remember it being fine, but nothing special.

It was significantly better than the book though.

The book is awesome!

It’s a very cool concept.

He badly needed an editor.

When I watched this in the theater, as it was starting, the girl in the row ahead of us turned to her BF and asked, “Is this a true story?”. My wife and I do this deadpan for the people behind us whenever we go to the movies now.

9 Likes