Movies (and occasionally face slaps) (Part 1)

Be that as it may, its pretty much over for him. He’s been credibly accused by multiple women of being a fucking creep.

Me too! I’d never read him before but stumbled upon The Road in a bookstore years and years ago. Tried the first page and I couldn’t stop. Sat in one of those piss-soaked bookstore chairs and read it all the way through.

1 Like

Most devastating movie ever for me goes to ghost of the fireflies.

1 Like

The Mist is pretty brutal.

2 Likes

Manchester by the Sea is a never rewatch

3 Likes

:vince1:

1 Like

Grave of the fireflies I assume?

3 Likes

Sorry yep.

https://twitter.com/daveweigel/status/1617263686514515969

5 Likes

Boiling a steak to own the libs!

2 Likes

2 Likes

I think they forgot to turn on the gas!

1 Like

2 Likes

He runs around and mopes and groans and the payoff is the most depressing thing ever. Can’t believe the acclaim for this.

Foxcatcher is similar. I only made it halfway through. I live about 4 miles from the property.

1 Like

2 Likes

Agreed on both films.

Currently watching A Ghost Story

Gotta say Casey’s really acting under that sheet.

I am never sitting around a fire with Casey. Never.

That was a lot of work to get to the resolution. I’d fail as a film studies major.

Was just watching Hoosiers last night as I noticed it happened to be on.

What’s does everyone think is the optimum age for my basketball-loving son to watch it. I feel like if I do it too early, you just don’t get the full effect. I’m thinking about 13ish? But I could be persuaded either way.

Never

Giving your son even a possible reason to root for the Indiana Hoosiers is just subjecting him to life time of torture

Hoosiers is a great movie and all, but that is too big of a risk to take

Not possible. He’s born into a Purdue family (both of his maternal grandparents). He thinks they’re great, so naturally he likes what they like and doesn’t like what they don’t. He already knows that IU is the enemy.

Of course, being a Purdue fan isn’t exactly not torture. So, we could have problems, but not that problem.