Movies (and occasionally face slaps) (Part 1)

Aounds like Gavin Newsom to me. Was he a silver fox?

National Treasure is a national treasure. There I said it.

1 Like

Do you think Madison Cawthorne roots for the bad guy in movies?

He is definitive evidence we live in a simulation. He is an actual cartoon villain. A perfect physical specimen nazi in a wheelchair! Come on programmers. You can do better.

Hey now. I tend to root for (or at least enjoy the screentime more of) the villain in most films, but thats because they are almost always written in a far superior way.

Anyone seen The Unbearable Weight of Massive Talent yet? Iā€™ve heard good things and might try to catch it this week

Might be going today (heads-up for T-Mobile customers: you can get a $4 ticket to this movie through Atom tickets via T-Mobile Tuesdays).

Still not going to theaters myself, but it sounds exactly like my kind of movie. I really want to catch it.

Iā€™ve only been to three movies in theaters since the pandemic: Spider-man, Ghostbusters, and Everything Everywhere. The theater Iā€™m looking at tonight has only two seats taken so far.

1 Like

At the theater. They are apparently so shorthanded that nobody is taking tickets. I bought via the app and asked somebody if we needed to show the qr code and they told us to just go ahead and walk in. I should just stay here the rest of the night.

Counting my wife, son, and I, there are 9 people here for the Nick Cage flick.

2 Likes

Unbearable Weight: 5 Bags of popcorn and a package of Huggies

5 Likes

How old is the son? Is it terrible to take a preteen to that?

I took my 9 year old daughter to it and thought it was fine. The most adult content was a fight scene where a couple of dildos are used a nunchuks. They also use some four-letter words.

1 Like

Nice, thanks

Assuming weā€™re talking about the Nic Cage film, my son is 13. Thereā€™s a lot of swearing. Lots of f-bombs. Some violence, but not too bad. No sex, but there is one graphic conversation about bjs and fucking wives. Itā€™s done humorously and itā€™s fairly quick, but if your kid hasnā€™t heard that stuff before, that might be dicey. My line with movies with my kid is still graphic sex and sex talk, but heā€™s heard enough at this point that I was ok with the content in this movie because it was minimal and funny.

The main thing is language.

whoops i was talking about the wrong movie, everything everywhere all at once

I saw this in a fairly full theater, made it so good. Great movie, everyone should go see it now

1 Like

watched Licorice Pizza. i glanced some awful reviews of it previously, and expected it to be dumb. and it is, except about 15 mins in the viewer should already realize that it is a nostalgia fantasy, so the inconsistencies should probably be taken as semi intentional. overall i think many actors quite enjoyed their characters and did a good job, although both leads were both underprepared somehow, like many other young actors.

i guessed the kid was hoffmanā€™s son, and restrained myself until the end to check. elaine actress having her family in the movie as her family was worth a chuckle

Holy shit you guys.

So so so good

2 Likes

100% agree. I dragged my husband to it and we both were laughing the entire time.

Go see it. The chemistry between Cage and Pascal is amazing and makes the film work

1 Like