Movies (and occasionally face slaps) (Part 1)

If Batman has this costume that is impervious to bullets, but his face is uncovered, why do no bad guys aim for his face?

Two Oscar winning performances for the Joker in the last 15 years, think that’s basically all it is.

My dream would be adapting Arkham Asylum into a movie, those games were amazing. Basically just make The Raid into a Batman movie, less martial arts more detective stuff.

Or just stop making Batman movies

2 Likes

Fully automatic weapons have exceptionally poor aim. But any cop with a handgun can pop up and hit the perp with a single shot.

Bullet proof clothes attract the bullets away from the head. Everyone knows that.

1 Like

That’s a risk we were willing to take.

5 Likes

Unapologetically loved the new emo batman.

Seems like many of the flaws being pointed out were also present in prior iterations.

I mean Batman sucks as a superhero. He’s completely uninteresting to me.

He’s like if Elon Musk became a superhero.

1 Like

I did not expect Irving’s outie to be that intense

2 Likes

I liked this Batman. It felt much more noir than the other ones. Gangsters, undercover sting operations, serial killers, crooked cops, etc. I liked the directing too. Lots of odd shots like shooting through a fogged up window or having the batman car chase be done mostly though actors looking over their shoulders and in review mirrors. Really could have lightened up the darkness by 20% in the darkest shots though. It was hard to make out anything with any ambient light in the room.

Third act kind of took a detour back to big set piece wide shot action sequences which felt out of place and was a big whiff.

Patterson’s emo batman is the best batman.

1 Like

I basically liked this interpretation of Batman. Pattinson is fine. It is weird that Batman doesn’t actually stop the villain’s plan and needs the Penguin to solve riddles for him. If they bring back the Joker next movie I might skip it.

I kind of didn’t mind either of those. Like make the movie like Seven or make Batman a semi competent newbie, either way as long as they stick with it. I think where it didn’t work was the Riddler pulling off the riddles and stunts and then being like, “oh btw I want to flood the entire city and I just wanted us to hang out while my master plan unfolds. What? You don’t want to hang out?”

100% joker is in next one.

It looks like they’re going to do Arkham Asylum next, which means Joker basically has to be in it.

Why bother making a superhero movie if your superhero isn’t going to be larger than life? It was a gritty story about corruption and psychopathy with a flawed protagonist who doubts himself. The suspension of disbelief was no more than you’d need to enjoy a typical action movie. Super heroics and super villainy played almost no part. It could have been interesting to focus the story on that aspect, but it was barely touched on.

The storytelling in the Arkham City videogame is so much better than in any of the movies that it’s spoiled me.

This is true of a lot of Batman though. Him and Robin and most of the bad guys are actually just people. Joker, Riddler, Two Face, Penguin and Catwoman have no superpowers.

1 Like

Not powers exactly, but they still needed larger than life abilities and/or assets. This Batman barely has any at all. He’s just really good at fisticuffs.

I liked that instead of having Bruce Wayne go to lavish parties and sleep with supermodels they basically said he sleeps during the day and looks like shit because he’s up all night fighting people.

1 Like

I also against an entire movie being shot in a tank that doesn’t move well fwiw. Batman: Fury would be the worst outcome.

Wasn’t the Battank in the game after Arkham City?