Movies (and occasionally face slaps) (Part 1)

You got a list?

I think my favorite Will Smith movie might be original Bad Boys, which I admit is not great. I thought I Robot was pretty good, but I’m an Asimov fanboy which lead me to enjoying it more than it probably deserved.

I haven’t seen Ali, Six Degrees of Separation, Pursuit of Happyness or King Richard. I assume those are the ones that really show his acting chops.

And now his kids are apparently the Eric and Don Jr of Hollywood. Good luck with that.

1 Like

Yeah, that sounds plausible. Can’t really blame him for that decision.

I warned people not to watch The Bubble above, but now I kind of want to see people’s reactions.

I’ve read a lot of takes about Jada, including before this, and I can’t remember anyone having anything nice to say about her.

1 Like

Seven pounds

1 Like

It’s extremely rare for me to watch 3/4 of a movie and turn it off and not want to come back to it. The Bubble fit the bill

1 Like

Most mid to late 90s blockbusters were absolutely garbage as well.

https://twitter.com/latimes/status/1510713192804061190?t=xvpYkBuUImymvuOf1V7dGA&s=19

2 Likes

She does a good job in Gotham

enemy of the state was pretty solid back then, before we all got jaded.

i think he was also in that movie with whoopie goldberg and ted danson.

Bad Boys was hilarious, but maybe I’m thinking of Blue Streak.

Sold for $8M. Sweet mother of god.

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/2767-Clay-St-San-Francisco-CA-94115/15074589_zpid/

Will going back to Fresh Prince and rapping. He will slap Lil Pump at the 2024 grammys.

“At least we tried to make a movie. They can’t judge us for that,” wheedles director Darren at the end of the film, incorrectly.

Lol

Watching Training Day for the second time ever. Fuck this is a good movie. I never noticed Dre was one of the corrupt cops.

2 Likes

Yeah, we got a good four days this time. Gotta be a record.

1 Like

I love the movie, but the part where Hawke is about to be killed only for it to be discovered he saved the gang leaders niece was so stupid and knocks it down a notch for me.

2 quick movie notes:

I rewatched Michael Clayton this week, much better than I remembered.

Watched Ordinary People for the first time (because it was on The Rewatchables podcast - I let Bill Simmons dictate my movie watching). I didn’t know much about it, other than it was older and well-respected, which I interpreted to mean boring. But it was a really good drama, and Mary Tyler Moore was totally against type as a crazy unloving mother. The therapist scenes were also very good and slightly dimished my love of Good Will Hunting, which now seems a bit more of a ripoff to me.

I also watched Rachel Getting Married (again, due to The Rewatchables), and I don’t really have anything to say about it. Wild movie that I can’t say was either good or bad, but I definitely don’t have any interest in watching again. Same feeling I had about Uncut Gems (lol at ever watching that again), except I enjoyed Uncut Gems more.

3 Likes