Movies (and occasionally face slaps) (Part 1)

I just realized there are still people listening to Popehat’s podcast. That’s arguably worse than continuing to listen to @Preet_Bharara

1 Like

Nikki Glaser on Howard Stern:

I know for a fact that it was not a dig against her having alopecia. He definitely did not know that. He never would have make that joke had he known it was a medical condition that she had.

If that’s true and it’s not spillover from some existing beef then they look like even bigger psycho ass clowns.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/johnfugelsang/status/1508432204367605762?s=21&t=UCCoTGREBLKgrPaJwQy5-A

4 Likes

Your pony was slapped like 5 hours ago. :grinning:

6 Likes

I don’t know who that is, but I assume he’s trying to make a joke.

Why does Rock look like a psycho ass clown?

WS & JPS

I obviously get your meaning but for our less hip community members you probably want to explain what you mean.

1 Like

they look like even bigger psycho ass clowns.

The “they” here was Will Smith and Jada Pinkett Smith, not Will Smith and Chris Rock.

1 Like

https://mobile.twitter.com/RepMTG/status/1508492199150903304

Throwing a public tantrum involving slapping someone in the face, then bursting into tears. The classic behaviour of an Alpha Male.

6 Likes

I love how these reps are just suburban wine moms who live for drama, but also believe crazy stuff.

1 Like

Lol @ no more drama. It was a permanent career tarnish move if not outright career ruiner. Just another cutting off your own dick to own the libs situation from her perspective.

1 Like

Until he vanished up his own asshole

4 Likes

4 Likes

The anti-ableist Twitter drip is wild.

The irony of this take (which is common) is that it’s very ableisty speak. These events always bring the bicycle victim meme people out of the woodwork in locust swarm volumes.

I’ve seen disabled people and people with disabled children in my social media feed talk it down as not being a disability.

I don’t really care. I’m by definition disabled as an epileptic but definitely don’t feel and act it. If I didn’t tell you about it, you wouldn’t know. It can be a substantial inconvenience at times but not disabling. But others have a way worse case of it that is without a doubt disabling and makes having a normal life impossible.

So I guess to me it’s all relative to the individual rather than a label that should be applied to everyone who has a certain condition.

2 Likes

This seems like nothing more than a limitation of language. Trying to use one word to describe a huge range of the human condition forces people to generalize.

It’s the same reason racial descriptions are so terrible.

Totally off topic, but might be interesting for some of you. Change your wording here to “people with disabilities” and it becomes much kinder. Person first language puts the person before their disability, as the disabilities are not what define people. For example, instead of saying “he has a deaf child”, go with “he has a child who is deaf”. It better humanizes people as opposed characterizing them by their disability above all else.

11 Likes